MCO to Port of Tampa

johnrich

There will be 10 of us flying into MCO and renting a full-size van and driving to the Port of Tampa. When I pulled up directions, it states that Beachline Expressway (SR-528) is a toll road. Does anyone know if this road accepts cash or is it cashless? Also does anyone know how much the toll for this section of the trip costs? Is there a quick and easy detour to not use the toll road if it is cashless? (We will be driving on a Sunday morning)

Thanks!

There will be 10 of us flying into MCO and renting a full-size van and driving to the Port of Tampa. When I pulled up directions, it states that Beachline Expressway (SR-528) is a toll road. Does anyone know if this road accepts cash or is it cashless? Also does anyone know how much the toll for this section of the trip costs? Is there a quick and easy detour to not use the toll road if it is cashless? (We will be driving on a Sunday morning)

Thanks![/QUOT

I cannot help with the tolls (I have a SunPass and don;t really pay attention) but there is the 417 option, no need to go on the Beachline at all. I have seen a link on here before to calculate tolls - maybe Google Florida turnpike tolls or something like that for the site

Follow airport exit signs to 417 South and it will take you right to I 4. I find it preferable to 528. That is a toll rd as well, but not too many booths. All the booths are manned just stay to the right.

Thanks![/QUOT

I cannot help with the tolls (I have a SunPass and don;t really pay attention) but there is the 417 option, no need to go on the Beachline at all. I have seen a link on here before to calculate tolls - maybe Google Florida turnpike tolls or something like that for the site

Follow airport exit signs to 417 South and it will take you right to I 4. I find it preferable to 528. That is a toll rd as well, but not too many booths. All the booths are manned just stay to the right.

I agree, better to use the south exit of MCO and hop on the 417 to I4. You will skip much of the resort traffic.

You can use cash for tolls. I just did this a few months ago, and I'm thinking there are no more than 3 tolls on 417 from MCO to I4, and each toll is no more than $1.50.

Edited by clarea

name changed to BeachLine several years ago

tollmap_zps821b25c5.jpg

I-4 to Tampa has no tolls

Once in Tampa there is a small section of expressway that IS electronic toll only but there is no reason for you to take it unless you get lost ... stay away from the 'crosstown expressway' aka SR-618 aka Selmon Expressway

http://www.tampa-xway.com/MapsTolls/Maps.aspx

Location-Map-8-10-10.gif

Edited by Capt_BJ