Questions about the Sun

rjm11

So do you get the food from the buffet and take it in there? Or do they have food in there (or is it just the omlet bar they have in there)?

I know that some of the other ships use La Cucina as a place to eat breakfast for an over flow and you bring the food in from the buffet. (If I remember right, they did have drinks in there but that was it).

They have a small hot table, I think waffles/pancakes and eggs. If you want other stuff you have to bring it from the buffet. It was the same set up before Moderno went into that space it was previously a different restaurant.

Actually grabbing your stuff or heading out to the Great Outdoors was a nicer option, and the lines out there offered more selections than Moderno, but smaller than the big buffet.

As usual SauerKraut is correct. It should also be noted that during lunch, Moderno served a similar purpose as overflow from the Buffet. As I recall, they had salad and soup on the Moderno's salad bar, perhaps some prepared sandwiches? I also seem to recall them offering some hot choices - pizza perhaps? I may be getting that confused with what was served there in it's previous life. Used to always have a couple of tasty calzone choices there.

Moderno's breakfast bar is for everyone - it is overflow for the buffet. The buffet space from what I've read is smaller than it is on the Dawn and Jewel class ships so the Moderno space is used to help out. The suites have breakfast and lunch in La Cucina.

We are on the Sun after you are and are anxiously awaiting your review later this year since the ship will not be going into dry dock until sometime in 2016.

La Cucina is the suite venue for B & L. Previously called Il Adagio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do you get the food from the buffet and take it in there? Or do they have food in there (or is it just the omlet bar they have in there)?

The Moderno side had made-to-order waffles, made-to-order eggs, cereal, fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, potatoes, cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee, tea. It was very nice over there--very quiet, the chairs were more comfortable and extremely easy to find a table. It did get more crowded as the cruise went on--more people were finding out it was there. Evan the last couple of days there was no issue with finding a table.

Edited by pizzalady1

As usual SauerKraut is correct. It should also be noted that during lunch, Moderno served a similar purpose as overflow from the Buffet. As I recall, they had salad and soup on the Moderno's salad bar, perhaps some prepared sandwiches? I also seem to recall them offering some hot choices - pizza perhaps? I may be getting that confused with what was served there in it's previous life. Used to always have a couple of tasty calzone choices there.

This is correct. It was a very nice change from the chaos of the buffet. In addition to the pizza they also have a pasta station. 2 or 3 different types of pasta and a couple of sauce choices I think. Never saw any calzones though unfortunately. :) The only downside is having to trek over to the buffet or out to the Great Outdoors if you wanted something other than iced tea, water or coffee/tea to drink.

We also enjoyed the Great Outdoors seating area. Again, less chaotic than inside the buffet area.

On most, if not all, sea days, there is lunch available in Ginza, the sushi restaurant. It will be listed in the daily newsletter if it's open. In addition to the sushi they also have noodles, fried rice and pot stickers, etc. Very reasonable charge per menu item and large portions on the rice and noodle dishes.