Three Queens celebration May 9th

Camgirl

THANK YOU supered...

...for posting this link. It is good to finally find out some information about the May 9th QM2 Celebration Festivities.

Still, I wish Cunard would have mailed, emailed, or even put this information up on their website. DH and I are not FaceBook subscribers.

Debjo

I couldn't agree more. Not everybody has or wants Facebook.

Personally I would have thought that the usual Cunard demographic are less likely to be Facebook subscribers than the general population at large.

For CABINET and Ray66...

Glad to read that I'm not the only one left that isn't a FaceBook fan or subscriber...although we seem to be a real minority in that respect. Thank you Ray66 for posting that link.

Debjo

Would someone let Cunard know how to spell Niagara Falls. It's not "Niagra"!

That's the English & Canadian Spelling Perhaps in America you spell it different.http://www.niagarafalls.ca/

Edited by zider

We're on board the QE at the moment and the Captain at the cocktail party confirmed that all 3 ships are meeting in Lisbon and upon arrival at approx 5am the ships whistles will be sounded and balloons released etc. An early start for everyone on board and Lisbon!! QE and QV will be moored nose to nose with the QM2 passing by and mooring nearby.

We will all sail away together heading back to Southampton which will be lovely.

Taken from the QV webcam

14in77m.jpg

The QE's webcam isn't working at the moment.

Would take much notice of the forecast until the day before. I have been looking at the week After arrival in NYC and that is changing Daily too.

Looking at both the bbc and weather channel stirs forecast for Friday now seems much improved with a chance of showers mid morning, drying up for the mid afternoon and evening with winds at around 20mph

Bigger question for me would be what's the weather going to be like at sea for the crossing!m:p

Looking at both the bbc and weather channel stirs forecast for Friday now seems much improved with a chance of showers mid morning, drying up for the mid afternoon and evening ...
Indeed, looks much more promising for the bands playing on the quayside, sailaway and fireworks.

(Of course, in the UK we can get four seasons in one day :eek: so I'm coming prepared; sunscreen, sun-glasses, shorts, sandals... with a back-up plan of water-proof trousers & coat, sou'wester & wellington boots... :D )

Looking forward to tomorrow and QM2... :)

Edited by pepperrn

Indeed, looks much more promising for the bands playing on the quayside, sailaway and fireworks.

(Of course, in the UK we can get four seasons in one day :eek: so I'm coming prepared; sunscreen, sun-glasses, shorts, sandals... with a back-up plan of water-proof trousers & coat, sou'wester & wellington boots... :D )

Looking forward to tomorrow and QM2... :)

So true!! Wishing you all safe travels to Southampton, hope the roadworks that Cunard are warning about don't bring the docks to a standstill!!

Until tomorrow all - look forward to meeting you! Rob aka Robbiechops ;)

A short BBC video. No doubt more to come later

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27337295

"Earlier in the week the cruise company abandoned plans to release 10,000 balloons from Queen Mary 2 during the celebrations, following concerns about the impact on wildlife".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27321934

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-27289951

Just boarded, unpacked, and finished the pol acker! In a sheltered balcony this time and think I will like it. Chatted briefly with cpt oprey in the elevator as he went to the bridge. I feel very fortunate to be here! I will blog at the web site transatlanticcrossing.blogspot.com

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just boarded, unpacked, and finished the pol acker! In a sheltered balcony this time and think I will like it. Chatted briefly with cpt oprey in the elevator as he went to the bridge. I feel very fortunate to be here! I will blog at the web site transatlanticcrossing.blogspot.com

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob, have a great time.:)