Wow no Legend reviews?

MzMelissa26

They most likely will not be too favorable given that things were still under construction - people have a lower tolerance and higher expectations when it comes to their holidays, which I totally understand.

Having said that, I think we need to look at the silver lining and say that they are working hard and are a business so have to keep moving forward

Have a neighbor who was onboard. They said it was a big letdown, felt like they were guinea pigs, ship was not "ready for primetime". I asked if they considered using Carnivals money back guarantee but they did not know about it and said they probably would not have used it as it was not awful and better than being home but overall they were let down.

Is everyone recovering? Lol

Yes.. we're all recovering. I don't plan on writing a review and can't tell you much of what hasn't already been said..

Embarkation was a nightmare- didn't board until 3:00 and were kept in the dark about what was going on. Sat in the terminal with 1000 angry people. We finally left around 2:00 to go outside because it was hot and uncomfortable, and my toddler was getting antsy. I was shocked that people were lining the streets with luggage as far as the eye could see. They gave each person a $15 credit for that mess..

Finally boarded and headed straight to our room (which WAS ready, woohoo!). Shelves were dirty and had to be wiped down with a baby wipe (pink dust??) (my mom didn't realize the shelves were dirty and got a lot of her clothes dirty by putting them on the shelves). Greasy fingerprints on the inside doors and the outside of the balcony doors appeared to have not been wiped down in a month.

We had the 6:00 seating and a private table (had previously requested this by e-mail). Our dining room staff was phenomenal (Marco, Antonio, Ludi Fiqi) and the dining room meals were the best ones on the ship.

Lido deck food was NOT good, as usual, and we found the breakfast to be inedible by the last few days..

We really enjoyed the 2 Playlist Productions shows. Hypnotist was funny, ventriloquist was terrible (left halfway through).

The new water park and water slides were closed for the duration of the cruise. The Green Thunder and the toddler water park opened for an hour and a half on the last sea day. Toddler water park was inundated with kids that were acting like idiots and entirely too big to be in that area. Nothing was said to them. Bonsai sushi was also closed until Friday. I went down to take a look at the menu and they only had about 3 different types of rolls anyway. I didn't try it.

We went to the pool on the first sea day and I sat down on the edge and stood back up with tons of dirt and grit on the back of my bathing suit (more awesomeness). Found a couple loose nails hanging around on the deck that day as well.. Lido deck windows were filthy the entire cruise. I was sure they would clean them halfway through, but they never did..

On the bright side- this itinerary is fabulous and we had a great time in the ports. Weather was beautiful and I really want to sail the itinerary again!

That's about all I can think of for now. This was my 4th cruise (all with Carnival) and I'll be trying a different line next time. If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to attempt to answer them.

Yes.. we're all recovering. I don't plan on writing a review and can't tell you much of what hasn't already been said..

Embarkation was a nightmare- didn't board until 3:00 and were kept in the dark about what was going on. Sat in the terminal with 1000 angry people. We finally left around 2:00 to go outside because it was hot and uncomfortable, and my toddler was getting antsy. I was shocked that people were lining the streets with luggage as far as the eye could see. They gave each person a $15 credit for that mess..

Finally boarded and headed straight to our room (which WAS ready, woohoo!). Shelves were dirty and had to be wiped down with a baby wipe (pink dust??) (my mom didn't realize the shelves were dirty and got a lot of her clothes dirty by putting them on the shelves). Greasy fingerprints on the inside doors and the outside of the balcony doors appeared to have not been wiped down in a month.

We had the 6:00 seating and a private table (had previously requested this by e-mail). Our dining room staff was phenomenal (Marco, Antonio, Ludi Fiqi) and the dining room meals were the best ones on the ship.

Lido deck food was NOT good, as usual, and we found the breakfast to be inedible by the last few days..

We really enjoyed the 2 Playlist Productions shows. Hypnotist was funny, ventriloquist was terrible (left halfway through).

The new water park and water slides were closed for the duration of the cruise. The Green Thunder and the toddler water park opened for an hour and a half on the last sea day. Toddler water park was inundated with kids that were acting like idiots and entirely too big to be in that area. Nothing was said to them. Bonsai sushi was also closed until Friday. I went down to take a look at the menu and they only had about 3 different types of rolls anyway. I didn't try it.

We went to the pool on the first sea day and I sat down on the edge and stood back up with tons of dirt and grit on the back of my bathing suit (more awesomeness). Found a couple loose nails hanging around on the deck that day as well.. Lido deck windows were filthy the entire cruise. I was sure they would clean them halfway through, but they never did..

On the bright side- this itinerary is fabulous and we had a great time in the ports. Weather was beautiful and I really want to sail the itinerary again!

That's about all I can think of for now. This was my 4th cruise (all with Carnival) and I'll be trying a different line next time. If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to attempt to answer them.

As we will be on the Freedom right after it's dry dock in May I'm curious about how the ongoing work during the cruise went. Was any of the work disruptive in terms of noise or blocking areas?

As we will be on the Freedom right after it's dry dock in May I'm curious about how the ongoing work during the cruise went. Was any of the work disruptive in terms of noise or blocking areas?

I would strongly encourage you to choose a different week, if possible. They just didn't have things together and it was very clear that the ship needed to be in dry dock longer! I was told by other cruisers that crew told them that even they thought it should have been longer (but I was never told that by crew first hand). Of all the people I talked to on lido, in elevators, at shows, etc, I only ran into ONE couple that was happy with the cruise, and it was their first one so they didn't know any better.

My 2.5 year old son's favorite thing to do is take laps around the sun deck (10) to look at "the boat tail" and we couldn't do that because the whole back area was blocked off because of work on the water park.

I heard older folks complaining about hearing construction while trying to relax on the serenity deck..

I forgot to add in my other portion that most of the ship smelled of paint and other smells that go along with refinishing.

Hope that answers your question!

I would strongly encourage you to choose a different week, if possible. They just didn't have things together and it was very clear that the ship needed to be in dry dock longer! I was told by other cruisers that crew told them that even they thought it should have been longer (but I was never told that by crew first hand). Of all the people I talked to on lido, in elevators, at shows, etc, I only ran into ONE couple that was happy with the cruise, and it was their first one so they didn't know any better.

My 2.5 year old son's favorite thing to do is take laps around the sun deck (10) to look at "the boat tail" and we couldn't do that because the whole back area was blocked off because of work on the water park.

I heard older folks complaining about hearing construction while trying to relax on the serenity deck..

I forgot to add in my other portion that most of the ship smelled of paint and other smells that go along with refinishing.

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion.

Thank you for your reviews of the ship post-dry dock. Those are all the reasons why I did not want to go on this ship right after dry dock. We were originally booked 3/30, moved it up almost a month so my wife's dad and step mom could also go with us to 3/2. Hoping it's all or mostly taken care of by the 3rd trip out after dry dock. We've been on a lot of cruises, so do have higher expectations.

For those of you out there looking for a solid review, I will make sure my wife and I do as thorough a review as we can while we are onboard next week. We always take our tablet with us so we can write it up as we go, so we don't forget anything.

Who was the Cruise Director? Did you like him or her?

The cruise director was Willie Lee. I thought he was great. Very personable. Very visible at the events. I also thought his assistants were very good. Pleasant and smiling even when confronted by people not so pleasant.