Future Cruise Deposit Question

Lane412000

I purchased two future cruise deposits in June 2012. I looked at the certificates today and noticed an expiration date of June 2014. What happens to the deposits if I do not use before the expiration date? Does Oceania issue a credit to my credit card or do I lose the $3,000 ($1500 x 2)?

Thanks for any answers

I believe Oceania has a program where you can roll your paid reservation to another cruise. This way you are effectively extending the time period for your paid reservation. So find a cruise our farther in the future, you may be ineterested in, and roll your current paid reservation to that cruise.

I believe Oceania has a program where you can roll your paid reservation to another cruise. This way you are effectively extending the time period for your paid reservation. So find a cruise our farther in the future, you may be ineterested in, and roll your current paid reservation to that cruise.

I think PinotLover is correct, or at least this was an option the last time I checked. However, I think it's a one-time-only rollover option.

So if there isn't a chance you would want to book a future cruise within the time window of cruises available for booking just before the date your deposits expire, you may wish to cancel and obtain the refund.

Assuming Oceania works the same way as Regent, you would lose your deposits if you don't use the FCC's by June. However, if you cancel the FCC's by June, you will get your money back.

Are you referring to the $2,000 deposit that Regent passengers can make towards a cruise that allows them to have their onboard booking savings? Those are fully refundable if not used. I'm wondering if the OP is talking about the same thing? Being fairly new to Oceania, I read the boards to learn as much as I can. The main thing I have learned is that most things are completely different than Regent (which is neither bad nor good - just different).

Obviously I'm a bit confused.

Well, I was able to resolve the issue about the two future deposit certificates I had purchased two years ago. My wife had me book a cruise for August 2014 and I used the two certificates to cover the initial deposit + a little extra.

The wife always gets her way...go figure :D