IAH to port

The Sunset Glow

What's the most economical way to get from IAH to the port of Galveston for 2 people?

Does RCI offer a shuttle?

RCI does offer a shuttle. We've booked it for our May Navigator cruise at a cost of $49 per person each way. Shuttle only operates the day of the cruise, though. Couldn't find anything cheaper than that (taxi / limo / private shuttle) for 2 people.

Edited by XLVIII

RCI does offer a shuttle. We've booked it for our May Navigator cruise at a cost of $49 per person each way. Shuttle only operates the day of the cruise, though. Couldn't find anything cheaper than that (taxi / limo / private shuttle) for 2 people.

Thank you. That's what I was looking for. There's nothing on RCI's website that I could find. $49 pp is much cheaper than all the other services people have mentioned here. I guess you have to call RCI to book this then.

Thanks again!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you. That's what I was looking for. There's nothing on RCI's website that I could find. $49 pp is much cheaper than all the other services people have mentioned here. I guess you have to call RCI to book this then.

Thanks again!

We were able to book it online at the same time as our cruise booking. The only issue was that the website wouldn't let us book it if our arriving flight wasn't the same day as our cruise departure. Not sure why RCCL wouldn't let us book if we get in a day early?

We were able to book it online at the same time as our cruise booking. The only issue was that the website wouldn't let us book it if our arriving flight wasn't the same day as our cruise departure. Not sure why RCCL wouldn't let us book if we get in a day early?

We are going a day early as well. We always do that as a minimum. We plan on staying near the airport and going back the next day to catch the shuttle.

It is strange that they won't let you book just because you're going a day early.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We fly in a day early. Have booked RCCL transfers from IAH to port. ( through a travel agent). We are staying at Marriott at airport so no huge issue returning to airport.

Very difficult to get information from RCCL about timings though..have posted to see if anyone can share past experience of transfers.

We fly in a day early. Have booked RCCL transfers from IAH to port. ( through a travel agent). We are staying at Marriott at airport so no huge issue returning to airport.

Very difficult to get information from RCCL about timings though..have posted to see if anyone can share past experience of transfers.

I am interested in the schedule and how it works as well.:confused:

We are interested in finding a ride to port as well. Coming in day before and staying near the airport. RCI gave us the same info, that the transfer cannot be booked if we aren't flying in on the same day as departure. Share any info that you might find?

• 2 weeks later...

Just got our travel documents today, and this is what they say about transfers:

"On the scheduled day of boarding, our cruise line representatives will

be inside the baggage claim area or in the case of an international

flight, outside the Customs Hall between the hours of 9:00 AM and

1:00 PM to assist you with transportation to the ship. Actual transfers

begin at approximately 10:30 AM and depart approximately every

hour until 1:00 PM"

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this reply....just what we wanted to know.

We rented a car (Dollar Rental) and drove. Stayed at the Sheraton Four Points on the beach the night before and we were able to park the car for the week on their lot for free. The hotel and rental car were cheaper than the ship's shuttle. You can walk from the hotel or try to take the hotel shuttle. The shuttle was crowded so I dropped my wife and luggage at the pier, took the car back to the hotel and then walked.

Does anyone know if we have to have a reservation to use the cruise shuttle for RCI? We are flying in the night before and are staying at the airport. RCI won't make a reservation for us since we are coming in Saturday. We have one for the way back. We would like to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take their bus.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know if we have to have a reservation to use the cruise shuttle for RCI? We are flying in the night before and are staying at the airport. RCI won't make a reservation for us since we are coming in Saturday. We have one for the way back. We would like to take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and take their bus.

We are 3 couples arriving also a day early and staying at nearby Hampton Inn. I called RCI and was told they would have a representative at the baggage claim where we could purchase a ride to the ship. Being the doubting Thomas that I am, I also emailed RCI and got a return email stating the same thing. I will bring that printed out. From the above post, they evidently are there from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM and have shuttles leaving every hour.

• 5 weeks later...

We will be on Navigator in October, flying in to IAH the day before. To get RCL transfers they want you to arrive the same day you cruise. I told them I was arriving on Sunday from Dallas (found a Southwest direct flight arriving at 10am). Will have my hotel drop us at baggage claim at 10am to meet our bus.

We will be on Navigator in October, flying in to IAH the day before. To get RCL transfers they want you to arrive the same day you cruise. I told them I was arriving on Sunday from Dallas (found a Southwest direct flight arriving at 10am). Will have my hotel drop us at baggage claim at 10am to meet our bus.

Only problem is Southwest doesn't fly to IAH, only Hobby:)

The fare ow is actually 47.00 dollars and RCCL has just changed their policy and are allowing you to book the transportation if you are comming in early. You are booked on a bus at 1030a-1100am. Great service.

Hope this helps!

They do not meet you outside of customs. You just go to the baggage claim area in A or C and both Carnival and RCCL reps are there. On Day of sailing they will also meet you in baggage claim at B but take you to A or C on the underground train.

We are 3 couples arriving also a day early and staying at nearby Hampton Inn. I called RCI and was told they would have a representative at the baggage claim where we could purchase a ride to the ship. Being the doubting Thomas that I am, I also emailed RCI and got a return email stating the same thing. I will bring that printed out. From the above post, they evidently are there from 9:00 AM until 1:00 PM and have shuttles leaving every hour.

The reps are there from 9ooam untl 100pm however they do not run buses on a regular schedule every hour but it most gererally ends up that way. They are now starting 4/20 taking reservations for people arriving day before.

If you are on Southwest you will arrive at Hobby airport. Same thing. Go to baggage claim around 1000 am for bus. You can now book if you are comming in day before.

nnnnnn

• 2 weeks later...

"The fare is actually 47.00 dollars and RCCL has just changed their policy and are allowing you to book the transportation if you are comming in early. You are booked on a bus at 1030a-1100am. Great service."

I just spent a half hour on the phone with RCL. We are taking the Navagator in July. We fly the day before to Bush airport and spend the night at an airport hotel, probably the Marriott at the airport, because we get in late afternoon.

We understand we would have to get back to the airport on Sunday morning for a RCL bus.

RCL said NO, one can NOT buy a transportation ticket to Port of Galveston if they are not flying in that day with arrangements made through RCL.

I repeated what I read on here, so the representive asked others around her, and sent an email to someone. The answer is still no, you cannot purchase a shuttle bus ticket in advance OR on the morning of the cruise unless you were flying in that day and booked thru them.

Now I do not know what to think?

Has anyone taken the cruise this month, got a hotel, and back to Bush the next morning?

We tried to use their shuttle on Sunday 4/6/14 after taking shuttle to airport. No go! They said that we would have to wait for the last bus and MAYBE they would have space for us.. We ended up taking the Super Shuttle and paying a lot more. We did have RCL booked for the return to Bush.. My recommendation is to book your own transportation before you go.. Last minute shuttle was Very expensive. Cheaper if booked ahead. On the cruise we met several people who were able to book with Sat arrival with RCL but only through their travel agent. So not fair! Hope this helps.

Edited by michst8alum

Thank you for answering this. How stressful it must have been to find out you MAYBE could get a seat on the last bus the morning of the cruise. I don't understand RCL.

We've taken a couple cruises from the UK. Flew to London, toured a few days, then the day of the cruise met at Victoria Station for the bus ride to Southampton to board the ship and it was provided for the cruise. In fact it was the first sailing of the Navigator in Europe. RCL sold us transportation tickets in advance, when we didn't fly in that day.

When did you get tickets for the return on one of their busses?