Anyone use Tours Plaza Taxi Driver for Day?

Peggyd.73

I'm very confused on the pricing...

Website says the following:

Cost of the tour on a Car for up to 4 persons is usd$107.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$25.00 for each additional hour.

Cost of the tour on a Van for up to 9 persons is usd$195.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$40.00 for each additional hour, these prices are per vehicle not per person.

But I just contacted company about possibly adding more people to the tour and options to shift to van. In their response, the email says something different:

Tour by van (for up to 9 passengers): $195.00 USD for the first 3 hours of tour + $40.00 USD per each additional hour.

*Please note that this price is PER PERSON, not per vehicle and does not include park admission fees, food or beverages etc.

for those that have used this company -- which is correct? Website or email?

THANKS!

Cost of the tour on a Car for up to 4 persons is usd$107.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$25.00 for each additional hour.

Cost of the tour on a Van for up to 9 persons is usd$195.00 for the first 3 hours tour + usd$40.00 for each additional hour, these prices are per vehicle not per person.

But I just contacted company about possibly adding more people to the tour and options to shift to van. In their response, the email says something different:

Tour by van (for up to 9 passengers): $195.00 USD for the first 3 hours of tour + $40.00 USD per each additional hour.

*Please note that this price is PER PERSON, not per vehicle and does not include park admission fees, food or beverages etc.

THANKS!

Website is correct. We have used them several times for both large and small groups. Sounds like a typo although I am surprised that part of response isn't a standard paragraph.

If you are traveling any distance I would go for the larger vehicle if you have more than 3 people.

Obviously write and confirm.

THANKS!

Hi Peggyd.73! I believe the correct pricing is the one on the website.. I have my tour already confirmed and got a price quote per vehicle, not per person! I'm sure there was just some kind of mistake:o

Website is correct. We have used them several times for both large and small groups. Sounds like a typo although I am surprised that part of response isn't a standard paragraph.

If you are traveling any distance I would go for the larger vehicle if you have more than 3 people.

Obviously write and confirm.

Thanks for confirming!

When I opened up my email to send a response, I actually had a follow up note from Tour Plaza:

"I was going through my day's work and noticed that I misinformed you earlier today, I apologize for the mix up.. Our Hiring a driver for the day tour prices are per vehicle, not per person"

so looks like its per vehicle for sure!

Any suggestions on stops to make during the tour?

Thanks for confirming!

When I opened up my email to send a response, I actually had a follow up note from Tour Plaza:

"I was going through my day's work and noticed that I misinformed you earlier today, I apologize for the mix up.. Our Hiring a driver for the day tour prices are per vehicle, not per person"

so looks like its per vehicle for sure!

Any suggestions on stops to make during the tour?

Glad you got it sorted - thought it was a typo! They are usually very efficient with the administration although Sofia is new and still learning.

Long running thread here with suggestions of places to visit.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545681

Also most of the main places are listed on Tours Plaza site.

It really depends on what you are interested in and how long you are touring for. The route is basically a circular trip round the island either clockwise or anti-clockwise, with stops en route depending on what you are interested in. How long you stop at each will determine obviously how many places you can see. The driver will take you round the main town and point out places of interest and shopping if you like; on the cross island road you have the chocolate factory, small ruins, tequila factory and then on the east side more rustic beaches and bars, sightseeing and photo ops; Punta Sur with lighthouse and crocodile viewing and then round the southern end and back up passed all the more developed bars and beach clubs, which you won't actually see if you are on the new main highway.

You really can't do it all in a day. The first time we went we mainly did an island tour to get a feeling of the place and stopped at Punta Sur, eastside sightseeing and lunch. Since then we have toured several times for different lengths of times, and usually pick out one or two main places to stop. For example, we have devised our own east side bar hop, southern beach club hop in addition to the ruins and chocolate factory and a trip up the northern road passed the airport. Favorite stops include the ruins, Playa Morena, Coconuts, Chen Rio, Rastas, Punta Sur, Playa Palancar, Paradise beach and the Money Bar. We prefer quieter places so we are not looking for lots of activity but the great thing about having your own driver is that you can customize it to what you want to do and stop for as long as you want.

I usually go armed with a list of where I want to go but the driver will have a map in the car and will go through the options and offer suggestions before you set off.

Edited by c-leg5

• 4 months later...

So...how are the roads in Cozumel? My husband got really car sick in St. Maarten earlier this year while we were on a private tour. I think the speed bumps really did him in. While I love the idea of a private tour, I don't want him to be miserable.

Thanks!