Choice Air Kids Rates Lower than Adult?

gotksgirl

When you book international flights (particularly one way flights for a Transatlantic cruise) with Choice Air, do children get a discount from the quoted adult price? I can only see adult prices when I try to get a quote without a reservation number. I know many international flights offer slightly reduced fares for children.

Also, how do seat assignments work with Choice Air? Can you pick seats during booking? Are they assigned immediately?

Thanks!

When you book international flights (particularly one way flights for a Transatlantic cruise) with Choice Air, do children get a discount from the quoted adult price? I can only see adult prices when I try to get a quote without a reservation number. I know many international flights offer slightly reduced fares for children.

Also, how do seat assignments work with Choice Air? Can you pick seats during booking? Are they assigned immediately?

Thanks!

I don't know about children's fares. Regarding seat selection, once you book on Choice Air you get the airline's record locator. I then use the airline's record locator on the airline's web site to pick seats.

In the U.S., airlines do not have children's fares. I think that Southwest has children's prices, but usually they are no bargain.

Internationally, I have never heard of children's fares.

In the U.S., airlines do not have children's fares. I think that Southwest has children's prices, but usually they are no bargain.

Southwest does, but you have to call them to get the rate, provide proof of age (aka birth certificate) and it's usually higher than the "Wanna Get Away" rate, so it's not worth the effort. And they don't have much in the way of international routes.

Sorry, but this is not true. There are airlines that discount children for international flights. This is why I asked if Choice Air does it or not. I know Norwegian and Air Canada do it for sure as I was on their sites pricing flights.

I got a child's fare for my 9 year old, but not my 13 year old, when I booked my IcelandAir flights for my Med cruise this summer.

I think the child fares are often for 11 and under. Was this with Choice Air or direct with the airline?

Then I stand corrected.

Sorry, but this is not true. There are airlines that discount children for international flights. This is why I asked if Choice Air does it or not. I know Norwegian and Air Canada do it for sure as I was on their sites pricing flights.

So if anyone is curious, I emailed Choice Air and got an answer to my question. They do not offer children's fares.

" Unfortunately the airlines do not allow for us to book their space using children's fare."

Their rates are so low (for one way transatlantic flights), that it is not a big deal. I was hopeful for an even better price, though.