Is Carnival able to set up a reservation like this?

irishnyc

We aren't ready to book now, but in the future will be booking two families in three rooms, a total of 4 adults and 3 minors. The adults will be in two cabins, each couple paying for their own, and the three kids will be together, but 1 of the kids belongs to couple A, 2 kids to couple B.

Can payment for the kids' room be set up so that each couple pays for their own kid(s), or do we just need to work that out among ourselves? It would be easier if Carnival will set it up, but of course we will deal with it if they don't. I know we can set up the on board accounts to belong to the right people very easily, it's just the issue of payment on the room itself.

You can apply multiple payments when you book. Your balance will break out each persons cost. When we had 3 in a room, though, the 3rd person was a much lower price than the first two. We did ours online so if you call to book, ask them to give you the cost split by 3.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Make sure both families are aware of the potential pitfalls.

Here's one example: Say family B has something happen that causes them to back out of the cruise after the final payment date. Family A then has one cabin for the couple and a solo cabin with only their kid in it. If everyone has insurance and it is a covered reason, then family A may not have to pay the single supplement for their kid.

The best solution would be to put the kids in a room exactly in between the two parents' rooms - or directly across the hall if you're doing a balcony room for the parents and interior rooms for the kids, but it certainly can be done. The financial ramifications are the key - you can set up your minors to charge to your account or set them up as cash only accounts and allow the kids to add money to their own individual cards, but D4 is correct - you do want to be sure that everyone is fully committed, and if possible, paid in full prior to the due date to avoid anyone backing out and "sticking" the other with a single cabin or risking financial penalty for cancelling - Generally in my family, we have these things worked out well in advance, and I'm assuming you do as well - but it is worth talking specifics just in case. If you do have to cancel part of the trip (the kids' cabin and one of the parent's cabins) and move into a room for 3, you don't want to face penalties for doing so.

Kids can be across the hall with no adult in the room. Actually older ones can be even further away.

Regarding payment, not a problem, but it's easier I think to book directly with carnival or your pvp. Each family can pay their portion then online or phone. Keep in mind, if you book with a travel agent you must deal with that agent for everything.

You can definitely split up the payments. We had two couples sailing together and each person paid for their own portion. We just figured out the total owed for each person and did four payments on the Carnival website. It was very easy.

I'm pretty sure you need to register at least one adult with the kids in that room...then switch your room keys on embarkation day with guest services. Not a big deal.

Minors do not have to have an adult booked in the cabin.

From Carnival's FAQs:

Guests 12 and younger

- If the relative or guardian insist on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony cabin without a relative/guardian.

Guests 13 - 17 years of age

- Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from their relative or guardian.

Guests 18 – 20 years of age

- Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

We aren't ready to book now, but in the future will be booking two families in three rooms, a total of 4 adults and 3 minors. The adults will be in two cabins, each couple paying for their own, and the three kids will be together, but 1 of the kids belongs to couple A, 2 kids to couple B.

Can payment for the kids' room be set up so that each couple pays for their own kid(s), or do we just need to work that out among ourselves? It would be easier if Carnival will set it up, but of course we will deal with it if they don't. I know we can set up the on board accounts to belong to the right people very easily, it's just the issue of payment on the room itself.

Yes.

We've done this four times when traveling with groups of friends. We had two boys, and two other couples each had one boy all together in an inside cabin cross the hall from one of the adult's balcony cabins. Our PVP even figured out payment so each family paid a certain amount when booking and for final payment.

We also set up our own Sail and Sign accounts so that each boy's account held was responsible by his parents.

This is what you are asking, right?

Yes.

We've done this four times when traveling with groups of friends. We had two boys, and two other couples each had one boy all together in an inside cabin cross the hall from one of the adult's balcony cabins. Our PVP even figured out payment so each family paid a certain amount when booking and for final payment.

We also set up our own Sail and Sign accounts so that each boy's account held was responsible by his parents.

This is what you are asking, right?

Yes. This is what I'm asking. Thank you for not adding all the extraneous information. When you logged on to pay were you able to see only your balance? (ie: that Carnival had only the balance for your child due for the other room, and not a total for that room) That's what I'm concerned about. It's really not a big deal if we can't, but I'd rather be able to log on and see that we owe $XX, and not have to figure out who paid what and what the balance is.

Edited by irishnyc

Yes. This is what I'm asking. Thank you for not adding all the extraneous information. When you logged on to pay were you able to see only your balance? (ie: that Carnival had only the balance for your child due for the other room, and not a total for that room) That's what I'm concerned about. It's really not a big deal if we can't, but I'd rather be able to log on and see that we owe $XX, and not have to figure out who paid what and what the balance is.

Yes, the billing page, which looked a lot different back then :D, showed one quarter of the total cost for each boy. Each boy in the cabin was listed, along with his deposit and balance amounts. Our PVP was great because the third and fourth boys were a portion of the first and second. (Visual learner here, sorry - let's say boy one and boy two each cost $600, boy three and boy four each cost $300. The total was $1,800. Each family paid $450 per boy.) Our PVP figured out how much we each owed to make it equal and that's what we paid.

Edited by stargate fan

Yes, the billing page, which looked a lot different back then :D, showed one quarter of the total cost for each boy. Each boy in the cabin was listed, along with his deposit and balance amounts. Our PVP was great because the third and fourth boys were a portion of the first and second. (Visual learner here, sorry - let's say boy one and boy two each cost $600, boy three and boy four each cost $300. The total was $1,800. Each family paid $450 per boy.) Our PVP figured out how much we each owed to make it equal and that's what we paid.

Perfect! Thank you! That's how we will probably want to split ours as well.