Anyone ever have this happen?

kurtlinda

Called CCL to book a cruise with some friends and it ended up being free.

This last Monday our friends booked on the Freedom for the 5/24/14 cruise. I looked online on Wednesday to check the prices for the better half and myself. Prices were a little high, so I looked at an old email from a PVP we used before and called him. I told him I wanted a balcony next to our friends. As I was talking he interrupted and to tell me he had an interior... I interrupted him back and said "no a balcony!" He then explained that my record had been flagged and that my wife and I were eligible for a FREE cruise (interior cabin) all we had to pay were the port charges ($95 p/p). I snapped it up and we're GOING!!!

He couldn't explain HOW I was tagged...AND I'm NOT complaining...any ideas?!?!?!?!:):):):):):)

It was a lottery. Talked with a very good rep at Carnival last night.

Sent from my wonderful iPhone 5 using the fabulous Cruise Critic app.

Well no wonder I didn't win the Powerball. I won the Carnival(ball) instead. LOL Thanks for the info!

They recently sent out letters via snail mail for free cabins. I have heard that another round just when out. Most people either think its a scam and don't reply or thought it was just junk mail and didn't bother to open it. To see if you are eligible for the free cruise just go to Carnivals website and under VIFP club, punch in your VIFP number an see if you are eligible. My son and my nephew each got the letter. We sail June 1st.:D

Well all I get from the PVP I have used a couple of times is.... True story to follow...

Called today because she has been leaving messages about all the "perks" and good prices going on and she would love to talk to me about planning a future cruise. Well I called her today to talk to her, because I already have a cruise booked for Dec., but had a question about different rates and wanted to "discuss" them with her. Left the voice mail for her, and in a few minutes I get a email stating, and I quote..." Best reservation is already on your reservation" That's it...no indication of a return call or anything, and seeing as I have took the time to call her, I guess I "overexpected" a phone call back....off my soapbox now, just figure I have a very small chance of calling and being told "surprise you are eligible for a free cruise"...LOL...Thinking I need to search for a new PVP for sure!!!!!

Edited by tootsiebit