Cruise Cash Questions

xowendyxo

One (of the many) things I love about cruising is the chance to get away, if only for a short time, from the tensions and stresses of daily life. Too bad anything political has to be inserted here, as this is supposed to be a forum about something we all find enjoyable: cruising!

Exactly. Wasn't worth responding to. But your spot on post was. Happy sailing!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Okay, so on the pre-purchased gift cards, how do you get them applied to your onboard account? Do you print them as you buy them and then just present them? Sorry -- this is a new one for me and just want to be sure I understand how to use them. If you don't use the full amount, how do you cash them back in? Thanks so much!

Okay, so on the pre-purchased gift cards, how do you get them applied to your onboard account? Do you print them as you buy them and then just present them? Sorry -- this is a new one for me and just want to be sure I understand how to use them. If you don't use the full amount, how do you cash them back in? Thanks so much!

I'm doing e gift cards. I print the email each time I buy one and just keep it with all my important papers for the trip. When you get onboard you can either take them to guest services or use the self service kiosks. Done the same way if you get an actual plastic gift card instead. But no worry of losing the ecards. Cruise cash is automatically applied to your s&s account so that's the one plus. Of course I give credit to a poster here "firemanbobswife" who answered many of the same questions I had before I started buying them.

I'm doing e gift cards. I print the email each time I buy one and just keep it with all my important papers for the trip. When you get onboard you can either take them to guest services or use the self service kiosks. Done the same way if you get an actual plastic gift card instead. But no worry of losing the ecards. Cruise cash is automatically applied to your s&s account so that's the one plus. Of course I give credit to a poster here "firemanbobswife" who answered many of the same questions I had before I started buying them.

The e-gift cards are an email with a link. You have to go to the link and that will give you the card and number to print. Don't just print the email!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

The e-gift cards are an email with a link. You have to go to the link and that will give you the card and number to print. Don't just print the email!

I know to click on the link. I've purchased 6 of them so far. Sorry.for leaving that out.

When we got on board we went to the kiosis and downloaded them to our account. As we needed money on our account or cash we just went to the kiosis? and took money out of our account or added another gift card if money was needed. Easy peasy.

On the last night we go to the kiosis? and withdraw everything that is left. No problem..

From what I have read on Carnivals website, e gift cards do not give cash back but many have said they are able to get cash back???

I don't know...the cruise cash is already added to your account, so its like having a cash account and they won't need your credit card at check in. On the other hand, if gift cards give cash back I would prefer those (not that I will have cash back! LOL)

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

From what I have read on Carnivals website, e gift cards do not give cash back but many have said they are able to get cash back???

I don't know...the cruise cash is already added to your account, so its like having a cash account and they won't need your credit card at check in. On the other hand, if gift cards give cash back I would prefer those (not that I will have cash back! LOL)

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

You get it mailed back in the form of another gift card

Why would anyone take a loan from a credit card company and pay back interest to them, only to have that rate change whenever the company wants more of your money????:confused:

Man, people get sooo self-righteous about this subject. Let people spend their money how they want. And the whole, put it in a bank account and collect interest is the funniest thing I can think of. Please, if anyone knows where I can get a rate of return that is better than the interest rate of a credit card, let me know.

I love being able to put money down on my vacation bill monthly, and step on board knowing I have most of my expenses for the week paid for already.

I agree! To each their own. Not everyone is made of money and I like to have money on my account. This comforts me knowing how much I have to spend. People can still add cash to their account. I do not use a credit card and prefer the cash account method instead. I do travel with (2) cards just in case something happens.

I am a firm believer in having expenses paid for before I step on the ship. I have used Cruise Cash on my last two cruises and it works fine. Sometimes it can be a little confusing locating both your refundable and non-refundable credits on your account, but it all works out in the end. On my last cruise, I purchased Cruise Cash , had some refundable credit from a price drop, and put a cash deposit down upon boarding. It helped in determining a daily budget, both in knowing how much I had to spend, and how much I could spend. Early on the last morning, I went to guest services and cashed out the balance of my account (the kiosks were empty).

This past cruise, we did discover, however, that it is useful to have a credit card in port, as we went to a resort in Freeport (Grand Lucayan) that did not accept cash. It was their loss, as I didn't feel the need to buy anything there, and just enjoyed the beach (we had brought some soda and water with us from the ship).

Edited by jcearth