Transportation to Miami Cruise Port from Ft. Lauderdale

jenna6164

We are arriving in Ft Lauderdale one day prior to our cruise on the Carnival Breeze this April and will need to get a cab to Miami. I know that it takes approx 45 minutes, but has anyone had experience with getting a cab for that distance or is it better to hire a car and driver in advance? Any good services you may have used would be helpful.:D

I forgot to mention that we did the same thing last year---flew into FLL and stayed overnight in downtown Miami before our cruise on Breeze. We stayed at the Hyatt and got a cab there to the cruise port; cab fare was about $10 and only took about 10 minutes to get to the Breeze terminal.

Before our cruise, I had booked the shuttle roundtrip for my sister and myself from FLL to the hotel, then return from POM to FLL. Worked out great.

Hope ya'll have a great trip. If you haven't been on Breeze yet, I think you will love her! She's beautiful. Be sure to have lunch, maybe even boarding day, at the Cucina restaurant. Lunch is free. And it's wonderful! :)

Depending upon what hotel you are staying at in Miami a cab from FLL will cost about $80+ :eek:; as mentioned above, a cab from downtown hotels to POM will run another $12 or so the next morning.

Many choose to shuttle to Miami - check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport Shuttle, and many others suggested on these boards every day. Go Airport (they have the concession inside of the FLL airport) also offers Town Car service to Miami for about $75+

You might also consider staying near FLL and then shuttling to POM the next morning. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel info.

We are doing the same route: Fort Lauderdale airport to the Miami port area -- but, we are looking for a private car (not a shuttle). Has anyone ever used Larry's Limos, for this trip?

(Boy, will I be glad when the search function is back up and running!)

:o Edit: just located the thread for Larry's Limo, so I got some valuable info, there! :

Edited by wwcruisers

I used Larry's a couple of years ago in Miami and was happy.

We have used the Town-car service provided by Go Airport from FLL to POM (about $75+ if I recall) and was happy.

Good luck! :)

This past November we used MJS Transportation. They picked us up at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale and took us to our hotel in downtown Miami.

it was about $80.00 for 7 of us. I think they either charge by the person or for the whole van. They were very reliable and called us to reconfirm the day before and again on the day of while we were in baggage claiming our luggage.

The driver was very friendly and even pointed out things of interest along the way. I would definitely use them again.

We used SAS twice (once I was thrilled, once I was a little annoyed but hey, it was my wedding I was allowed to be annoyed that weekend (I was just under a little stress!!) lol!) and overall, I would probably use them again. They are really cheap and reliable.

We've also used Larry's Limos (though we were picked up in an expedition) and that was really nice too because they let us go to the grocery store/liquor store before going to the port.

Either option would work for us again. Larry's is obviously more expensive, but I liked that we didn't have to wait on other passengers like we did on the SAS trips.

It's whatever you're looking for really. Miami and Ft Lauderdale really do cater well to the cruisers!