help getting on the ship?

i am some what handicaped, i use a cane most of the time .my problem is i will have trouble walking because of incline to the ship i was ws wonderding wil provide a wheel chair for me? do they let the wheelchair passengers board first? thank you for youa reply.

i am some what handicaped, i use a cane most of the time .my problem is i will have trouble walking because of incline to the ship i was ws wonderding wil provide a wheel chair for me? do they let the wheelchair passengers board first?Maybe not first, but pretty close. thank you for your reply.

Haven't been on RCI (yet) going in Oct.

Having said that...my experience on other lines is yes to both questions.

i am some what handicaped, i use a cane most of the time .my problem is i will have trouble walking because of incline to the ship i was ws wonderding wil provide a wheel chair for me? do they let the wheelchair passengers board first? thank you for youa reply.

Be sure to contact RCI in advance, so they will have a wheelchair and a pusher ready for you.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We traveled with my parents on several cruises with Royal Caribbean, with everything from a wheelchair to canes and walkers. We brought our own wheelchair on a few of the cruises to make sure we had it for when we left the ship. Royal Caribbean was fabulous. They sent a crew member to push the wheelchair for us, got my Mom and Dad on an elevator and told us where to meet them when the rest of us boarded the ship. My sister accompanied them, but there were quite a few of us, so the rest of us went through the boarding process and met up with them. At dinner, they would take the wheelchair once my parents were settled at the table and bring it back once we were ready to leave. Disembarkation was flawless and they assisted every step of the way. In once instance, we were going on a shore excursion that my parents couldn't physically do. We were chatting in the Promenade, prior to leaving. We wanted to get my parents settled out on their balcony before we left and my Mom wanted to sit and people watch in the Promenade. We were concerned about leaving them to get to the cabin alone. A member of the crew tapped me on the shoulder, said that he overheard the discussion. He told us to go and meet our group for the excursion and that when my parents got ready to go to their cabin, they could wave to him (he was at Guest Services) and he would make sure a crew member got them to their cabin and got them settled. You can't get much more thoughtful and helpful than that!

Not sure about other ships but I know on the Allure and Oasis wheelchairs do NOT get priority boarding. Also, wheelchairs are available first come first serve so there is sometimes a wait.

This has been my experience as well. If there are a lot of people requiring assistance, there could be a long wait so be prepared.

RCCL only provides wheelchair assistance on the initial embarkation day and on disembarkation day. You should contact your TA or RCCL directly, depending on who you booked with, to have it noted in your booking recording if wheelchair assistance will be required on those 2 days.

Passengers who require wheelchair assistance don't necessarily board first. Boarding is typically done by C&A status and Suite Passengers regardless of whether or not one uses a wheelchair. Additionally since you will not be bringing your own wheelchair as to when you will actually board is totally dependent on how many passengers at the pier are ahead of you on the wait list for wheelchair assistance as there are limited number of wheelchairs available for this purpose.

On disembarkation day people requiring wheelchair assistance will be taken off the ship in the order of the color tags/numbers distributed the night before which based on the departure time information provided by the passenger early that week. Information as to where to go the morning of disembarkation to receive wheelchair assistance will be stated in the Daily Compass delivered to your stateroom the last night of the cruise.

No wheelchair chair assistance will be provided during the cruise or getting off/on at each port. If a passenger requires the use of a wheelchair during the cruise , getting off/on at each port and or when in port than it's the responsibility of the passenger to either bring their own or make prior arrangements with one of RCCL's approved vendors to rent one. RCCL's approved vendors are:

http://www.SpecialNeedsatSea.com or http://www.CareVacations.com

Edited by xxoocruiser