Uk ncl cruisers

asda

Hi as anyone from uk or Europe ever received any offers or upgrades?

We have booked our ncl cruise for summer and are really happy with the price but would love to receive obc or some other kind of offer. Is there ways that we can get these offers?

We have booked our ncl cruise for summer and are really happy with the price but would love to receive obc or some other kind of offer. Is there ways that we can get these offers?

I use a personal cruise consultant at NCL UK. (they check the deals at the time of booking so I don't have to)

I usually wait until an offer is on before booking - I get emails from being on the list. Providing you haven't made final payment, if an offer came along you could call to switch - NCL may not honour this though. I normally book on a latitudes special offer, or Wednesday offer.

No. The best we got was for Christmas 2012 - the price dropped by about £1000 so we called our PCC. We had to cancel and re-book so we lost our FCR deposit and (IIRC) $100 OBC. The price drop more than covered it however.

We do get the occasional call about a cruise (our PCC is psychic - he seems to know the ones we are already looking at (e.g. Jade Venice 12 July 2014 - see you on board!) - we were just about to book when he called us.:eek:

The only way UK cruisers seem to get OBC is when there is an offer on and when you go up a Latitudes level.

It does rather irk me to see US posters talking about $500+ OBC when they have paid less for the same cruise than we do (but then we get better consumer protection than them - whether it is worth the extra??).

Theres some kind of UK price cartel going on IMHO. All TAs and major cruiselines seem to have the same price, within a pound or so. If one can offer OBC, they all can. If one can offer a deal, they all can. Last summer I gave up after the fourth TA offered me the same price!!!

Once youre booked youre even more buggered.....no hope of any adjustments in your favour.

We have a sort of 'rule of thumb' - if we can get close to £100 pppd on a BA balcony we would take it (we are restricted to school holidays which does not help:(). Any little OBC offers help (Latitudes points are not an issue as we have both now made Platinum:D:D)

Roll on retirement when we can cruise off-season and last minute (4 years 1.5 terms and counting!:D)

Got once a unnotified stateroom upgrade from BD to M2 with NCL.eu, probably to dropped prices. When I noticed it a M2 was just slightly above our hooked BD price. Was a way ahead booking.

Got no luck with Dutch TA's, same story as described by someone above. Now using online American vac2go and British viva voyage. Much better! Still no hundreds of OBC but I guess we Europeans aren't extreme couponers..

The British one had even better prices than the US. Never had a problem with being a foreign booking.

Sent from iPad

No. The best we got was for Christmas 2012 - the price dropped by about £1000 so we called our PCC. We had to cancel and re-book so we lost our FCR deposit and (IIRC) $100 OBC. The price drop more than covered it however.

[\quote]

What do you mean you lost your future cruise reward? Couldn't you apply it? I never heard of losing it in that type of a scenario. It was your deposit you paid for in advance.

I thought if you cancelled a cruise (before final payment) you get it back to put on another one.

[\quote]

What do you mean you lost your future cruise reward? Couldn't you apply it? I never heard of losing it in that type of a scenario. It was your deposit you paid for in advance.

I thought if you cancelled a cruise (before final payment) you get it back to put on another one.

Kirsty_r is correct - deposits in UK are generally non-refundable. We also lost the £5 IATA (air travel insurance levy thingy). Things are different on different sides of the pond.

Kirsty_r is correct - deposits in UK are generally non-refundable. We also lost the £5 IATA (air travel insurance levy thingy). Things are different on different sides of the pond.

I cancelled my January 14 cruise - transferred it to another cruise (not been yet) - paid £35 pp transfer fee - NCL also backdated it to the last best offer so that we got the best price - and 10% discount via our bank travel (ie 10% off NCL' best offer).

I thought deposits were only lost if you cancelled completely. no?

You can book NCL with US TA's. This is what I do. I got fantastic offers for OBC's the price was the same as NCL.com though.

I find with US based TA's that any monies you pay is handed straight over to the cruise operator and you can check and see it sat there within a couple of days.

Most TA's will not charge you for cancelling before final payment or moving your cruise or changing rooms. Plus price drops are honoured. You need to check of course with the TA.

I'm an ex UK travel agent living in Italy and I book my cruises with an agent in the US. I have tried using 'old colleagues' in the UK but they can't get anywhere near the US price and OBC, I have to say their service is better too! You can also cancel and have your deposit refunded, although not much use after you've committed to long haul flights, but still, it's a selling point.

You do have to be careful however as not all cruise companies will allow UK residents to book in the US (NCL does) Princes and HAL insist one person has a US address. I guess this is to protect their UK business.

I book with a US based PCC. I only book cruises, even if I book in the UK, which I did recently I get my own flights, transfers and hotels if I need them.

I booked a cruise through NCL UK recently, it was after final payment and the price was slightly better this side of the pond by about £100 total. As it was for an Easter sailing I knew it was not likely to drop by much but possibly could but was happy to pay that price to get what I wanted. If I need to cancel I lose.

I booked a cruise for Nov 2014 through my US based PCC. The price was already better in $ and I got $100 OBC, and a free upgrade to BA balcony. I am monitoring for better offers and prices that may become available until I pay in September. I can cancel anytime before final payment and get my cruise reward back. I am not expecting to but health wise I never know and my current travel insurance fight is enough for one lifetime!

I booked a cruise for Jan 14 last November. I booked it through my PCC in the US and paid in full when I booked. Apparently there was a promotion on over there that I didn't know about. We got a bottle of wine, a plate of strawberries, dinner for 2 at the Italian and something else I don't remember. I paid less than NCL UK wanted and they did not offer the bonuses we got.

I think Americans get a lot more and even though NCL now makes it hard for me to see the US prices by continually diverting me to the UK site I have found ways to do it. When I want to book I email my PCC and he calls me as soon as he can. Should NCL ever decide to ban UK bookings through the US I will have to consider my position very carefully and may give up cruising and go back to touring on land. For now I will compare both, look at the pros and cons and book accordingly.

I've had much better from NCL (USA) and NCL (Germany) or US based TAs than UK travel agents or NCL (UK).

The only time the UK has come out ahead is when I've booked a v late deal (4 months or so out) with flights etc all in which have been much better value than me trying to book separately or elsewhere.

Sometimes we book directly with NCL in the UK, and an equal number of times we have booked with a USA TA. The key is to get the best "net price"

i.e. taking account of OBC if offered. Our most recent cruise on the Star was attractively priced on UK web, whilst the USA site prices were higher but had OBC....in net terms the UK pricing, on this occasion, was better.