Just back from Magic cruise to Belize-any questions?

Beachlover76

Just back yesterday from a great trip to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel on the magic. We had great weather this trip. Any questions ,I will be happy to answer.

I'm heading out this Sunday on the Sunshine, same itinerary! Hope you had a great cruise!

What did you do in Belize? that's the one port that I've struggled back and forth with what to do, finally decided to book a shark ray alley/Caye Caulker excursion (not with Carnival) but I'm a little worried about the long boat rides (tender in, then 45 minute boat ride out to the reef).

I'm heading out this Sunday on the Sunshine, same itinerary! Hope you had a great cruise!

What did you do in Belize? that's the one port that I've struggled back and forth with what to do, finally decided to book a shark ray alley/Caye Caulker excursion (not with Carnival) but I'm a little worried about the long boat rides (tender in, then 45 minute boat ride out to the reef).

I'm struggling with Belize but I am leaning towards Shark/ray alley... Who did you book with?

The tender from the ship to Belize city is 15 minutes, and once there we did an on our own day. We walked over to & booked on San Pedro water taxi to Caye Caulker which took 40 minutes to get there. We wanted to catch the 9 am taxi, but just missed it so we had to take the 10:30. The Magic arrived in port by 8, so if we would have tendered off earlier we would have made that time.

Our last tender time back to ship was 3:45 so just to be safe we came back at 1:30. that gave us time to shop in port before getting back on tender to ship.

Then once on Caye Caulker we just walked around, ate, drank and had a wonderful time. great island..a must see.

check out http://www.belizewatertaxi.com it was 22.50 round trip. Fun ride....

I'm struggling with Belize but I am leaning towards Shark/ray alley... Who did you book with?

Ecotours, hopefully. I say that because I signed up this weekend but haven't gotten a confirmation yet....hopefully i'll hear something today. I also sent an e-mail to Ivar Marchand - have seen a lot of people posting about how great he is - but I haven't heard back from him either. I've had the other 2 ports booked for weeks, I hate waiting until the last minute but I just couldn't decide!

We sail in May. Does the Magic have the new menu that everyone is talking about?

No, the new menu's are still just on the Glory, Liberty, Inspiration and Imagination. There hasn't been any word recently about how they are going or any plans to roll out to other ships.

I find it interesting that John Heald reports that the new menu's are going over very well, but most of the reports here on CC (which I know is only a very small number) are saying that most guests and crew members aren't liking them.

I was in Belize a couple of weeks ago, but they had to suspend tender operations for about an hour and a half due to a woman being injured on the tender. So we ended up just not going ashore, I don't really like that port anyway.

The tender from the ship to Belize city is 15 minutes, and once there we did an on our own day. We walked over to & booked on San Pedro water taxi to Caye Caulker which took 40 minutes to get there. We wanted to catch the 9 am taxi, but just missed it so we had to take the 10:30. The Magic arrived in port by 8, so if we would have tendered off earlier we would have made that time.

Our last tender time back to ship was 3:45 so just to be safe we came back at 1:30. that gave us time to shop in port before getting back on tender to ship.

Then once on Caye Caulker we just walked around, ate, drank and had a wonderful time. great island..a must see.

check out www.belizewatertaxi.com it was 22.50 round trip. Fun ride....

I was on the exact water taxi to and from caye caulker....gOOd times!!

1010090_10151925250360458_14396980_n.jpg

1780681_10151925256595458_1362268475_n.jpg

Edited by Brown Boogie

I want to go there someday, Caye Caulker. How did you get to the water taxi?

We did the ship excursion to River Wallace & Altun Ha. It was very interesting especially the Altun Ha. I could have passed on the River Cruise. Be prepared it is very hot/humid there. The boats are not covered and not much breeze at the ruins.

Well, I'm back to square one. I got an e-mail last night from EcoTours that they could not offer us the Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker tour because they didn't have enough people to book it....so, now I'm thinking we may just venture out and take the water taxi to Caye Caulker...maybe find someone out there to take us snorkeling.

Going this route will probably cost you less also. The photo in my signature is one of the small snorkel boats from Caulkner..

Well, I'm back to square one. I got an e-mail last night from EcoTours that they could not offer us the Shark Ray Alley/Caye Caulker tour because they didn't have enough people to book it....so, now I'm thinking we may just venture out and take the water taxi to Caye Caulker...maybe find someone out there to take us snorkeling.

Try sea sports Belize for shark ray alley.

Also we have a private booked with Ivar Marchand for May for shark ray alley and a snorkeling stop.

Try sea sports Belize for shark ray alley.

Also we have a private booked with Ivar Marchand for May for shark ray alley and a snorkeling stop.

Thanks for the tips! I looked at Sea Sports, thought their pricing was a lot more expensive than ecotours...?

I've e-mailed Ivar but not heard back.

Just back yesterday from a great trip to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel on the magic. We had great weather this trip. Any questions ,I will be happy to answer.

Read another post that Carnival is doing away with ice buckets in the cabins. Did you experience this on the magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read another post that Carnival is doing away with ice buckets in the cabins. Did you experience this on the magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the Magic but when I was on the Sunshine two weeks ago there was NO ice bucket.

I'm just off this cruise too and spent the day on Caye Caulker with my family who drove up from Southern Belize.

We were on one of the first tenders to Belize City and caught the 9am water taxi to Caye Caulker and took the 1:30pm taxi back to the city. The day was perfect and the snorkeling was nice. As long you get one of the first tenders you should have no problem getting to Caye Caulker and back.