Carnival Stock

pauleydm

You must like using your money as toilet paper, cos investing in Carnival is what will happen to it lol!

It's double what I paid for it, I end up with several hundred in OBC each year.....

I did not buy it for an investment, mainly for the OBC.

Edited by Cruise-Crazy

I am in almost agreement with you Larry. I did purchase it for the extra OBC. But it is a long-term investment that pays a dividend (reinvested). If I thought it would be a worthless investment the OBC would not have made a difference. But, in the long-term, this stock with the dividends will most probably be a good investment.

Steve

True... We went on a Carnival cruise before purchasing the stock... We found it to be a really good value. And after finding this, found that the stock had some extra benefits... Not a top-quality investment, but for the long term, not a bad one either. Me, I am in the market for the long-term... Have had my losses and gains. This one is doing ok. And am enjoying the extra "dividends" :)

I purchased mine on a Monday, faxed all the necessary paperwork on Wednesday , sailed that Sunday , with the OBC ! After I faxed the paperwork , I followed up with a phone call, and the person I talked to was very helpful. I also got the OBC for my November cruise .

Were you able to get the OBC for Nov 2014 cruise?

There should be no problem now with the OBC for Nov. With the recent announcement from Carnival, they have extended the OBC again for this year until June 2015...

Awesome! I had missed that announcement. I knew it supposedly expired in July. We have a Sept 2014 cruise, so didn't know they would announce it this soon. Thank so much!

I feel so many people make it a harder deal than it has to be, but that's me. I bought stock for the OBC, I got that 100.00 came home, sold the stock made 240.00 profit from the sale and am waiting for a dip again. It has almost met my buy price a couple of times..just a weee bit more. I will buy it for certain before our next cruise to get the OBC. Carnival has been up the last couple of months so I can't figure where some say it's a bad investment...in fact it was considered a "buy". But anyway I use scottrade, $7.00 per transaction and the guy at the brokerage firm will take my calls and answer any questions and spend as much time as I need for my measly 7.00.

Heck we'll cruise 2 or 3 times a year now...book next cruise while on board 100.00 credit, 100 stock 100.00 credit..we start with 200.00 obc right of the bat then if we keep it and get dividend it's about 100 per year so let's see, we could get 500.00 per year just on 2 cruises..for doing nothing. Oh I put it in mine and my sister's name so her and her hubby can get the OBC credit also.

So, if you are going to be cruising 2-3 times a year, are you going to be selling it and waiting for the price to drop? And I agree... between the OBC for booking on the ship and stock, it is a nice start. Have three cruises booked over the next year... not a bad investment for that :)

So, if you are going to be cruising 2-3 times a year, are you going to be selling it and waiting for the price to drop? And I agree... between the OBC for booking on the ship and stock, it is a nice start. Have three cruises booked over the next year... not a bad investment for that :)

I don't plan on doing that little trading type thing often, it's just when I saw that (my first stock purchase) I got a bit excited to have made that much in less than 10 days so I pulled the trigger. Kinda glad I did though because it's been back down within .20 of my buy price (but I missed it). I'll keep an eye and catch it again.

Heck that pays for 2 gratuities and then some and it is fun.

Yeah I can understand that... good profit.. I've only done that once with a stock (Pepsi).... bought and sold in 5 days, went from 15-20. I've been "playing" with stocks for a long time now, buy and hold. Get good stuff, it works out in the long run. And agree on the gratuities... Have two cruises that I had the prepaid gratuities removed since we use the OBC for this.

You must like using your money as toilet paper, cos investing in Carnival is what will happen to it lol!

If that is your opinion of Carnival and Carnival stock, why did you even bother posting. Your comment does not help further the discussion.

Something else to consider... our 401k plan has a stock purchase option connected to it. We opened up a brokerage account within the 401k and used some of that money to buy our stocks. We now proudly own 150 shares of CCL and have 2 upcoming cruises to use the OBC on.

I would wait for a big market correction, like the one we had in 2007. My guess is that Carnival stock will be cheaper in 2016 than it is today, which is when I'm planning to buy.

In the mean time, maybe open a new bank account (like Capital One 360), and put your 1 share worth of money each month in there, earn a little interest while you're at it.

Wow, a person with a crystal ball... maybe I should sell everything now. :) I certainly hope another 50% correction doesn't occur...

I do agree about not purchasing 1 share at a time and putting the money aside until you have enough. Even with the internet brokers, a $7 cost per share only inflates the cost of the stock. Not sure about the CapOne360 program but I am sure it doesn't pay much more interest than a bank.

Steve

CCL stock is floating around $40/share with a dividend of 2.58%

That's about $100 annually in dividends, so if you cruise once a year, you earn the same as the dividend

Mind you, the OBC is can not be combined with any other discounts

I bought RCCL when it dipped because of the CCL bad press

CCL is still lagging since, RCCL is up over 40%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's about $100 annually in dividends, so if you cruise once a year, you earn the same as the dividend

I have always been able to use the OBC what other discounts can't you use it with?

No sure the "the OBC is can not be combined with any other discounts" part. I always use my stock OBC with other OBCs without any issue.

It is great that RCCL is up over 40%. But it does not mean CCL is bad. It is just not as good. For the record, I purchased CCL three times within the last year, for investment purpose. My paper gains are 20%, 5%, -1.5%, plus 2.5% dividend.

Heck we'll cruise 2 or 3 times a year now...book next cruise while on board 100.00 credit, 100 stock 100.00 credit..we start with 200.00 obc right of the bat then if we keep it and get dividend it's about 100 per year so let's see, we could get 500.00 per year just on 2 cruises..for doing nothing.

Oh I put it in mine and my sister's name so her and her hubby can get the OBC credit also.

You don't mean that if you & your spouse and sis & her hubby are on the same cruise that you can get the OBC for both cabins, do you?

Edited by Sparky2