Saver fares

asda

Saver fares start soon, has anyone booked one of these cruises and found out there cabin number or dining time yet?

As they have said select fares will get their choices first pick,then I would not imagine they would be able to allocate dining, cabins etc until they have stopped selling the select fares.

Saver fares start soon, has anyone booked one of these cruises and found out there cabin number or dining time yet?

Hi there,

We are booked on a Saver fare for a cruise going out mid May. We were allocated a cabin number a few weeks ago. However dining time will be allocated onboard.

Just to add we have been allocated the exact grade that we booked.

With regards to Select fares - I assume P and O reserve the right to change our cabin right up to the last moment. So I guess this number could change yet . We will have to wait and see.

Sue

Edited by Suebiker

Am I right is saying that those with Select fares will be given upgrades if available in precedence over those on Saver fares, even if a cabin number was reserved at the time of booking? Unless of course you ask for 'no upgrade'.

According to P&O website, those booking select fares will be eligible for upgrades if available and those booking saver fares will not. This is just one of the ways they are trying to persuade people to book select fares rather than saver (along with OBC /M&S vouchers / free shuttle bus / guaranteed choice of dinner sittings etc). Seems fair to me but different from vantage / getaway system where it appeared as though getaway bookers were upgraded more often than vantage.

We booked a saver fare on Wednesday of this week. Our cruise is on the 25 th June and its a cabin for 4. Got our cabin number today. Same grade as we book. Very happy with position. But with it being a saver fare could we be moved ?

We booked a saver fare on Wednesday of this week. Our cruise is on the 25 th June and its a cabin for 4. Got our cabin number today. Same grade as we book. Very happy with position. But with it being a saver fare could we be moved ?

I think that as saver fares are not eligible for upgrades, it is extremely unlikely once your cabin is allocated that you will be moved. There would have to be an excellent reason, and not just that somebody else may prefer it.

I think that as saver fares are not eligible for upgrades, it is extremely unlikely once your cabin is allocated that you will be moved. There would have to be an excellent reason, and not just that somebody else may prefer it.

Hi. I didn't mean an upgrade, I was just hoping that this was the cabin that we are staying in as its in a good position .just wondering if they would move us at a later date to a position that not as good because we are on a saver fare.

It seems then that the cabins aren't allocated 2 weeks before like getaways were. Oh I wonder where my cabin will be for the 24th of May. Can't wait to see. I gather everyone had an email sent to let them know of cabin allocation.

It seems then that the cabins aren't allocated 2 weeks before like getaways were. Oh I wonder where my cabin will be for the 24th of May. Can't wait to see. I gather everyone had an email sent to let them know of cabin allocation.

Hi I think we got our cabin number early( cruise isn't till june) because we are in a cabin for 4. We found out as its on our cruise personaliser. We only booked the saver cruise on Wednesday.

Hi - no you don't get an email the number just appeared in our cruise personaliser in the holiday itinery section.

Hth's

Sue

Hi. I didn't mean an upgrade, I was just hoping that this was the cabin that we are staying in as its in a good position .just wondering if they would move us at a later date to a position that not as good because we are on a saver fare.

Hi - I phoned P and O and asked this question and they said its highly unlikely that we wold be moved!

Sue

It looks to me as if some posters are referring to "Early Saver" fares and others are referring to "Saver" fares, is this yet another confusion caused by P&O using similar names for 2 different fares.

Probably, me thinks it would have been easier to stick to select, early saver, getaway...then everyone would know where they stand....

Mine,s a saver fare. The one that we cannot change a thing. We're we will pay for shuttle buses and don't no which dining time until onboard.

We only booked the other day but have got our cabin number already and the cruise isn't till the end of June. I think that is because there are 4 of us in a cabin.

Mines is an EARLY saver which was booked around November/December. Didn't realise that there were savers fares out too.

Asda, we were sent an email to ask which dining we would prefer but won't know until we get on board. No cabin allocation or free shuttles for us also, so not much different to your saver terms and conditions.:eek::confused:

Mines is an EARLY saver which was booked around November/December. Didn't realise that there were savers fares out too.

Asda, we were sent an email to ask which dining we would prefer but won't know until we get on board. No cabin allocation or free shuttles for us also, so not much different to your saver terms and conditions.:eek::confused:

I'm confused early/ savers might be the same. When are you sailing?

Like Asda ours is a 4 berth cabin and booked under early saver, also it's a DA grade of which there are only approx 50 so these two factors together probably require them to be allocated sooner rather than later. We also have a GA grade booked under early saver fare on the same cruise for daughter and this has not been allocated yet.

From my understanding fare types now are -

Select - old Vantage with all options except the disastrous price guarantee

Early Saver - new type of fare - not always available but when available will be before 3 months of sailing, cheaper than Select, choose cabin grade but not specific cabin, dining option can be selected nearer the cruise date no promises and find out onboard and pay for shuttles (these are the main differences for me)

Saver - old getaway within 3 months of sailing, bargain price and no options