Shopping on board

crisscruise

If they have one of those Bijoux stores where everything is $10...I usually will buy a faux pashmina shawl and an evening bag. I have a whole rainbow of the pashmina scarves and several (over 10) evening bags bought on previous cruises. It's a fun thing for me. :D We also buy watches. I have a Michael Kors and Guess watch from our last two cruises that I love.:D

Edited by mousey

I buy the Bella Perlina bracelets. They look similar to the Pandora ones. I know people say they are junk, but mine are pretty and have worn/held up just fine ! They have a sale the last sea day and they're around $25-30.

Son bought watches. We like the $10 madness sale - tshirts for ports of call. I got a Caribbean Cruise Port book that I've referred to a couple of times when planning.

This time, I'm looking for a map of the Caribbean. Someone on here said they framed it and put markers on it for all the places they've been.

I also buy a scrapbook album & Carnival paper kits.

We usually hit the duty free booze, you can get some good deals there.

Know your "at home" prices before you go. The on-ship liquor prices in January really weren't that different than we'd pay locally (Atlanta). I brought a price list from Total Wine & More and compared. No more than $3-4 per bottle for any of the stuff we'd typically buy as I remember.

(yes I was conscious of the 1L bottle sizes on-ship when comparing pricing)

I buy the Bella Perlina bracelets. They look similar to the Pandora ones. I know people say they are junk, but mine are pretty and have worn/held up just fine ! They have a sale the last sea day and they're around $25-30.

Son bought watches. We like the $10 madness sale - tshirts for ports of call. I got a Caribbean Cruise Port book that I've referred to a couple of times when planning.

This time, I'm looking for a map of the Caribbean. Someone on here said they framed it and put markers on it for all the places they've been.

I also buy a scrapbook album & Carnival paper kits.

That was me. I printed the dates of each cruise with the ship's name across the bottom and placed a different colored map pin by each. Then I used the same color pin and put them by each of the islands that we visited for that cruise. Some islands like St. Thomas and San Juan have three different color pins by it. I did have to cut part of the pin off so that the head would be close to the map.

Wife & I will buy something to remind us of the cruise.

Last time on the Magic we each bought a watch. Hers a Guess and mine a Citizen. I think they were $250-300 each. :)

1164099448_2012Cruise077.jpg.98521f4951770fca762d76ad01ef1dae.jpg

When I was on the Miracle this past November, they had a sale for a few hours in the shops where a bunch of tables had items for $10. Purses, scarves, jewelry, all kinds of stuff. I bought the cutest little what I call "party purse" because I had forgotten to pack mine! I like to have a small purse to carry around the ship for little stuff like my lipstick, gum, etc. I used that little purse the entire cruise and have used a few times at home since then. I like deals like that! :)

Did you frame the map.....or attach it to a bulletin board? Great idea making a ship/date label. I can't wait to do this. What size is your map?

Yes, I framed it. I bought a poster frame that has a cardboard backing on it. It came with a plastic cover but I didn't use that because it would interfere with the map pins. The map is 27 inches wide and 21 inches high including the frame. If I remember correctly, I had to cut a little off the outside of the map to get it to fit.

Edited by RWolver672

That was me. I printed the dates of each cruise with the ship's name across the bottom and placed a different colored map pin by each. Then I used the same color pin and put them by each of the islands that we visited for that cruise. Some islands like St. Thomas and San Juan have three different color pins by it. I did have to cut part of the pin off so that the head would be close to the map.

Cool! Do you have a picture, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I find the evening purses a great deal, more than half the price of what I would have to pay at home.

I once bought a watch at the $10 table and it lasted 1 week....they look great but its just junk.

Costume jewelry is pretty good, never tarnishes.

My son bought himself a very good watch in the ship store and its still working well and was must cheaper than even on the Islands.

Cool! Do you have a picture, perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and no. I have pictures of it on my phone but we just got a new computer and it has Windows 8 on it and I swear, I could navigate a ship easier than it is to navigate this computer. As soon as I figure out how to get them to a photo sharing site, I'll post them.

UGH. Windows 8. I've had this laptop a year now and it still does bizarre stuff on its own. A lot of glitches. What exactly was wrong with XP ?!

I did buy an Olympus camera last cruise. I'd been wanting a new one and we had a great Olympus 35mm years ago. Takes great pictures. It was just over $300. Husband had some good luck at roulette - 'mama needs a new camera'.

I get myself a new pair of $10.00 "diamond" earrings on most cruises. We buy something from most ports - try to find a "car tag" to hang up at our party barn. Generally they're small, lightweight, etc. We have a make of the US with pins in all 50 states hanging in our sun room. We have a bigger world map in one of the bedrooms that we stick pins in as well.