Stateroom questions

bluejay555

OK. The Dream, with ports being Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel.... which side of the ship is more scenic, port or starboard? Also, I'm considering a cove balcony under the restaurant. Will this be quiet? I read that below the galley is super noisy, and I don't want to go any more forward than the restaurant, really. Other question... am I making the right decision choosing a cove? Thanks :)

Port or Starboard actually does make a difference. The majority of the time, port side will allow you to 'see the port'. Also the pier runners is always fun. In all my cruises, I can only think of a couple where port side was opposite of port. It's always the decision of the Captain and the Harbor Pilot. I would book Port side.

Port or starboard, you never know. I disagree that the port side faces the pier most of the time. It's about 50/50 whether it will face the pier. On the Dream in January, in all 3 ports (Nassau-St Thomas-St Maarten), the starboard side faced the pier. I moved us from port to starboard side a few months after booking, because I knew this was typical of the Dream's eastern itinerary. So you never know. I don't think that they have any intention to do it port-side or starboard-side. I don't think they care. But a little research of what the ship has been doing with your itinerary may give you an indication. Since the Dream is about to switch home ports, you can check to see what the current NOLA ship with that itinerary is doing.

I have now been in both a cove & a deluxe OV room. The cove is the best balcony out there, and the deluxe OV is the best OV out there! Some people don't like that they don't get sun, but I'm not looking to get a tan on a balcony. The rays are strongest when the sun is overhead (10am-2pm), at a time when no balcony has sun, so a balcony is not the best place to get a tan. So I'm okay with having shade on the cove balcony. Being so close to the water was really cool. Also, being below the dining room is perfect! No noise at all from above. The dining room is carpeted, and it's totally empty all night long. When people are in there, if you get everything completely quiet and listen extremely closely, you might hear a very slight sound from it.