Is it too hot/crowded for Venice/Greece/Turkey/Croatia on July 19-August 2?

allisons

We've been reviewing the 2015 Mediterranean itineraries. We found the perfect itinerary (Venice, Split, Dubrovnik, Athens, Santorini, Istanbul, Mykonos, Ephesus, Rhodes, Venice). However, it's only offered one time on July 19-August 2. Our plan was to cruise May/June or September/October because of the heat and crowds during July and August. Is it too hot and crowded to even consider this itinerary during this timeframe? Thank you so much!

We did a RT cruise from Venice that included Split, Corfu, Mykonos and Athens. We went in mid May for the very reasons you stated ... to avoid hot weather and crowds. It was plenty warm (very hot in Athens) and there were more than enough crowds so we were VERY grateful that we chose May.

IMHO it would be downright unpleasant to go in late July.

We did a RT cruise from Venice that included Split, Corfu, Mykonos and Athens. We went in mid May for the very reasons you stated ... to avoid hot weather and crowds. It was plenty warm (very hot in Athens) and there were more than enough crowds so we were VERY grateful that we chose May.

IMHO it would be downright unpleasant to go in late July.

Thanks! That's what we figured! Too bad! I really wish I could find an itinerary this perfect in a cooler and less crowded timeframe!

Celebrity's 20015 Europe itineraries won't be officially released until later this month but go to post #52 on this thread for a preview-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1996382&page=3

Maybe there will be one to your liking....

Ha ha! That's what we've been reviewing! The offending cruise is on the Constellation!

Thanks! That's what we figured! Too bad! I really wish I could find an itinerary this perfect in a cooler and less crowded timeframe!

Beware September can be as hot as it is in August in Italy and Greece. So if looking at this month lean towards end of September.

Beware September can be as hot as it is in August in Italy and Greece. So if looking at this month lean towards end of September.

Thanks! That's very helpful! I think we're leaning more towards May/June! But if we do go in September, it would have to be after September 24th because of the High Holy Days!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again allisons. Last two years we went last week in June - first week in July. Was hot and crowded and we had a great time. You've seen the pictures. Looks like we might do NE/Canada this year. Hopefully we won't complain that it is gray and cool.

Hi again allisons. Last two years we went last week in June - first week in July. Was hot and crowded and we had a great time. You've seen the pictures. Looks like we might do NE/Canada this year. Hopefully we won't complain that it is gray and cool.

The best time for New England/Canada is in the fall when the leaves are changing.