Semi Live Carnival Pride review. March 7-16th.

Dave994

Hello! Going to try and do my first review of a cruise and will do my best to upload as many pics as I can during the actual cruise.

Just at the airport now getting ready to leave for Baltimore from Toronto. Family of 4 with myself 42, DW-40, DS-14 and DD-10.

We are spending a day in Washington DC on Saturday before the cruise and I will post about that as well.

I hope your enjoy my review!

Dave

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

We, too, are looking forward to your review. We will take our 2nd Pride cruise in May. Love the Pride and love driving to the port from the Phila. area. Let us know what you think of the new menus in the main dining room.

Hope you enjoy your cruise and your day in DC. Lots to see and do there.

We'll be going on the 30th. I am beyond ready! :)

I can't wait to hear how the connectivity is. We were on Magic Oct 2012 and they had upgraded the whole internet connectivity on Magic. It was great! :) If Pride isn't awesome yet, hopefully after 2.0 she will be!

Thanks for making me crazy for vacation even more!

Enjoy DC! You'll have some good weather this weekend - lucky for you. It's been CRAZY this year.

Pre-Trip Day 1-

We have arrived safely in Baltimore and spent last night at the Baltimore Aquarium. After 5pm on Friday nights the cost is $12 per person. My daughter described it best by calling it "cool but boring". I enjoyed seeing all that we got a chance to see, but they don't have scheduled times for Dolphin shows anymore and so the one aspect I really wanted to see we didn't. The Jellyfish were cool as were the sharks, but I am glad we didn't pay the full admission price to this.

cruise027_zps982da740.jpg

cruise033_zps182ec7d0.jpg

cruise041_zps9d38ab03.jpg

Some pics from the Aquarium

We spent the rest of the night checking out some of the local area around Pier 5. Here are a few pics from that....

Giant Xylophone.

cruise060_zps6329c0d0.jpg

My DW and I staying warm...

cruise056_zpsb5d02e4f.jpg

My DS in front of a cool fountain...

cruise049_zpsdacbf8ed.jpg

The booze district??

cruise046_zpsc1d09822.jpg

Hello! Going to try and do my first review of a cruise and will do my best to upload as many pics as I can during the actual cruise.

Just at the airport now getting ready to leave for Baltimore from Toronto. Family of 4 with myself 42, DW-40, DS-14 and DD-10.

We are spending a day in Washington DC on Saturday before the cruise and I will post about that as well.

Dave

Hi Dave What airline did you use from TO. to Baltimore and what were the fares like. We are doing the Pride repo next Mar 2015 and we are not sure we will drive to Baltimore or fly.

Thanks and have fun- Cathy:)

Dave

Hi Dave What airline did you use from TO. to Baltimore and what were the fares like. We are doing the Pride repo next Mar 2015 and we are not sure we will drive to Baltimore or fly.

Hi Cathy. I don't actually know the cost of our flights...they were a generous gift from my MIL.

We drove the last time we did the pride and loved the drive down. Very scenic and an easy drive. I would certainly do it again without a thought...and it is certainly cheaper than flying.

Dave

Pre Cruise day 2-

Today was our trip to Washington DC. There was a free shuttle from our hotel to the Baltimore Convention Centre and then a free bus that took us to Penn station. Not thinking we left our passports back at the hotel only to find out that you need photo ID to book tickets to Washington. Luckily I had my wallet with my Drivers License and my wife had her Health Card...the kids didn't need ID.

Tickets to DC are only $14 return each person which is a good deal I think.

We did the usual tour and hit all the major tourist area's....I will include a few pics from today.

Side note: I am not sure why..but my DW and I both thought the American History Smithsonian was filled with cool from all through the years of entertainment....Fonzies jacket, the original C3PO....ect...instead it's a very small room of items like that they rotate through. Lesson learned.

DW and DD at the Capital Building.

IMG_20140308_124706_zps960f6468.jpg

I know it's hard to see...but I promise the building in this picture is the White House :)

IMG_20140308_155301_zps01f1489f.jpg

The original Kermit the frog Muppet :)

IMG_20140308_150218_zpsaea5522f.jpg

Dave

Just FYI, the repositioning cruise leaves from Tampa, Fl and ends in Baltimore.

Edited by msocen

You had a beautiful day to tour DC. Glad you are seeing some of the local places of interest. The aquarium is awesome!

Please let us know about Internet usage. We are interested in cost and where we can use iPads to connect. Thanks.

Have a wonderful cruise.