Unlimited beverage package...order one beer at a time??

mjrich73

We are going on our first Princess Cruise in January and are unfamiliar with the drink charges. Sailing mostly on Carnival in the past, we are used to free brewed coffee and iced tea. Are there any drinks that are free on Princess? My husband's blood is half coffee ;)

We are going on our first Princess Cruise in January and are unfamiliar with the drink charges. Sailing mostly on Carnival in the past, we are used to free brewed coffee and iced tea. Are there any drinks that are free on Princess? My husband's blood is half coffee ;)

We sometimes cruise of Carnival and have one booked for June ... but mostly Princess.

You'll find the n/c drinks on Princess to be about the same as offered on Carnival. Princess has coffee at n/c ... but the freshly brewed is extra.

LuLu

~~~

Coffee: Coffee made from a syrup (as is done on many cruise lines, hotels and restaurants) is at no charge in dining rooms, specialty restaurants, the buffet, and from room service.

Juice: No charge at breakfast time in dining rooms, specialty restaurants, the buffet, and from room service.

Milk: No charge at any time except for chocolate milk for non-kids.

Tea: Not a tea drinker. Someone else will have to answer this one.

Coffee: Coffee made from a syrup (as is done on many cruise lines, hotels and restaurants) is at no charge in dining rooms, specialty restaurants, the buffet, and from room service.

Juice: No charge at breakfast time in dining rooms, specialty restaurants, the buffet, and from room service.

Milk: No charge at any time except for chocolate milk for non-kids.

Tea: Not a tea drinker. Someone else will have to answer this one.

No charge for tea just grab a tea bag by the coffee at the buffet or order in the MDR. They also have unsweetened ice tea...yuck.

I think you lucked out because the plan was new and I am sure that not all staff members had full knowledge of the rules.When I had the ultimate drink package for soft drinks and mocktails I couldn't even get them to serve me a coke in a larger glass let alone get two at a time. As the drink plan continues to roll out I'm sure that the staff will become more educated and that Princess will iron out the kinks. On Celebrity if you wanted two drinks at one time you had to show 2 cards. This was the only way that I could bring back a drink for my wife.

It may have been part luck but I also think that if the bartender or server gets to know you they tend to be more flexible. Once I find 1 or 2 bartenders that i think make a good drink I tend to go to them all the time. Even on Celebrity this was the case. We did a Bermuda cruise and I got the drink package. I did not usually order two drinks but would often order a drink and a shot or a drink and a bottled water or soda. Never had a bartender tell me I couldn't do it. That said, in this case my partner did have the drink package so they knew I was just ordering for myself when i only gave them my card.

Jim