Which beach

nascar junkie

We are trying to decide whether to do the Tabayna Beach Break or the Maya Bay Beach Resort in July. What we're looking for is a nice relaxing day at the beach to lay around and swim in the ocean, somewhere reasonable to eat lunch and grap a few drinks in the process. Need some input on which to select. Will just be me and the wife. Kids around don't bother us and don't need a lot of "bells and whistles". Looks like Tabayna is time limited (8:45-1:45) and Maya starts at 9:30 but you return when you want to (every 30 minutes). Also, what time would we need to leave to make it back to the ship with a little time to spare. Since it's 5:00 somewhere, start time doesn't hold me back. I posted this on RCL forum but learned it was in the wrong place. Sorry for the double posting. :o:cool::cool:

We are trying to decide whether to do the Tabayna Beach Break or the Maya Bay Beach Resort in July. What we're looking for is a nice relaxing day at the beach to lay around and swim in the ocean, somewhere reasonable to eat lunch and grap a few drinks in the process. Need some input on which to select. Will just be me and the wife. Kids around don't bother us and don't need a lot of "bells and whistles". Looks like Tabayna is time limited (8:45-1:45) and Maya starts at 9:30 but you return when you want to (every 30 minutes). Also, what time would we need to leave to make it back to the ship with a little time to spare. Since it's 5:00 somewhere, start time doesn't hold me back. I posted this on RCL forum but learned it was in the wrong place. Sorry for the double posting. :o:cool::cool:

I'm a little biased towards Tabyana Beach, I just spent a week at Infinity Bay, right next door. At Tabyana you will get bussed over, probably with a photo stop near Lighthouse Restaurant where you can see both coasts of the island. At Tabyana you can choose your loungers, and security staff can watch over your stuff if you go snorkeling straight from the beach or stroll down the sand checking out all the different beachside restaurants.

At Maya Cay, loungers are also available and one can snorkel from the end of the pier. You will get lunch within an assigned time, and can view some of the animals they have on display. I didn't think much of their "ruins", although others have commented positively on them. Maya Cay may be a little more relaxed, it has no vendors or massages available. Either one is a good choice.

Thanks Guys ...Got a feeling it will be Maya Key as wife likes a little more laid back atmosphere and that excersion is not time limited. Only concern I have is food availability as it appears that lunch has a rice and bean side and the wife won't touch beans. May not be much for her to eat.:(

Take a cab to West Bay Beach.

Beautiful sandy beach, snorkeling if you like, beach chairs and food venues.

Cab should be $20-30pp for all day. You make your own schedule.

(Bananarama is one of the venues here, but there are several)

Thanks Guys ...Got a feeling it will be Maya Key as wife likes a little more laid back atmosphere and that excersion is not time limited. Only concern I have is food availability as it appears that lunch has a rice and bean side and the wife won't touch beans. May not be much for her to eat.:(

I don't really care for beans either, but it was easy to push the beans aside and just eat the rice. There was plenty of rice.

PC190590-M.jpg