Grand Turk with liquor

coops

Can you buy cocktails or beer in the duty free shops and drink them on the beach in Grand Turk? I would ask on the ports board but was hoping for more answers here. Thanks

Duty free does have liquor for sale and I guess you could take it to the beach with you- you would just have to find cups & ice (but you could bring refillable cups with ice already in them off the ship.)

Edited by Buffalofirsttimer4

Can you buy cocktails or beer in the duty free shops and drink them on the beach in Grand Turk? I would ask on the ports board but was hoping for more answers here. Thanks

They don't sell cocktails at duty free, and I don't think they sell beer, either. I don't know if they watch on GT specifically, but generally you cannot open anything you buy in duty free while you are still in that country. It's for export only, hence why it is duty free.

We brought a six pack of coke off the ship in GT, then bought a liter of rum in port, walked to the RIGHT from the end of the pier a 1/2 mile or so to the point, spread out a couple of towels and got hammered. So yes, it can be done.

We brought a six pack of coke off the ship in GT, then bought a liter of rum in port, walked to the RIGHT from the end of the pier a 1/2 mile or so to the point, spread out a couple of towels and got hammered. So yes, it can be done.

Sounds like an amazing time :) I never thought to do this!

• 2 weeks later...