NCL Cruise Price Drop

jayjay10704

The price on our cabin (Mini-Suite w/ Large Balcony) dropped $200 per person. for our sailing on 5/11/14 on the Breakway. I called NCL and they offered to either upgrade us to a Spa Mini-Suite, which I turned down since that balcony is tiny compared to what we currently have, or a $100 OBC. I took the OBC.

Prices usually drop 60 days prior to sailing if the ship still has unsold cabins. I would advise everyone that is cruising 60 days or less from now to check to see if the price dropped & to call NCL if it did, so you can get some type of compensation.

I am two days out from my final payment for a May cruise. I noticed that the price had dropped two hundred dollars on my cabin so I called NCL yesterday and got the lower fare plus the promotional onboard credit that they are now offering. Today as I was preparing to make final payment I noticed that the price had dropped another two hundred! Do I get to call them again?!

I am two days out from my final payment for a May cruise. I noticed that the price had dropped two hundred dollars on my cabin so I called NCL yesterday and got the lower fare plus the promotional onboard credit that they are now offering. Today as I was preparing to make final payment I noticed that the price had dropped another two hundred! Do I get to call them again?!

Yes, call them again. Why wouldn't ya?

Only ten minutes of holding this time and the service rep seemed overjoyed to help me! lol She assured me that I could keep calling for fare adjustments for a couple more days if the fare went down any more. :D

Thanks LrgPizza!

Only ten minutes of holding this time and the service rep seemed overjoyed to help me! lol She assured me that I could keep calling for fare adjustments for a couple more days if the fare went down any more. :D

Thanks LrgPizza!

Wahoo!! :D

Great job with the OBC! Our cruise dropped in price and I spent half a day on the phone going back and forth with TA and NCL -- huge hold times for both. We were specifically advised that NCL will not give additional OBC after final payment, only an upgrade :mad: We took the small upgrade and spent the rest of the week escalating with the TA to get SOME additional OBC (which is what I really wanted to begin with). HUGE hassle unfortunately. So if you got what you wanted and it only took 10 minutes -- BIG CONGRATULATIONS :D

NCL basically should give you a 25% OBC for the amount the cruise prce has dropped (i.e. if the price dropped $400, then you should get a $100 OBC). The other option would be a cabin "upgrade", but be careful as NCL's definition of an upgrade might be someone' else's definition of a downgrade...

Great job with the OBC! Our cruise dropped in price and I spent half a day on the phone going back and forth with TA and NCL -- huge hold times for both. We were specifically advised that NCL will not give additional OBC after final payment, only an upgrade :mad: We took the small upgrade and spent the rest of the week escalating with the TA to get SOME additional OBC (which is what I really wanted to begin with). HUGE hassle unfortunately. So if you got what you wanted and it only took 10 minutes -- BIG CONGRATULATIONS :D

Next time ask your TA to do a three way call so you can hear what they are saying to each other on your behalf. That will cut down on both time and confusion.

Prices just dropped yet again for my Dawn cruise that leaves next Sunday (3/30). I just called and they upgraded me from a BC (regular balcony) to an MA (mini-suite).

It's not that big of a deal to me since DH and I are sailing alone this time, but the extra room will be nice. I'm pleased with it. Of course I'm now in a room on Deck 11 and will probably hear every single chair scrape from the Garden Buffet and music (and chairs) from the pool deck, but I don't really care much. I sleep like a rock when a cruise, and it's closer to the action.

The price for my stateroom on the Jewel for April 13 went down $160. While it doesn't hurt to ask, I am pretty sure there is no OBC in my future. I originally booked an inside cabin on deck 9. NCL did upgrade me to a porthole stateroom on deck 5, but now the price of that cabin has gone down in price $160. Since this is my first NCL cruise, I have nothing to complain about.

This is no different than traveling on a plane, where the person sitting next you may have paid more or less than what you paid. It's part of the game, so it is useless to dwell on the price of a cabin down the hall from mine being $160 cheaper.

The question seems to be one of timing in when to book a cruise on NCL. I booked over a year in advance, thinking that the price would increase. The prices did increase until after the final payment date. At least for myself as a solo cruiser, I will certainly consider booking a NCL cruise again. I am looking forward to cruising on the Jewel and know I will have a great time. Perhaps booking later rather than sooner is the best strategy.

• 1 month later...
Looks like the prices have dropped a bit more on some cruises.

Not only is my category sold out for my October sailing this far ahead but I checked the weeks before and after just to see and my cabin on those sailings is $500-$1000 more per person. I think I'm good, lol...

Don't forget to post this in your roll call, your fellow cruisers will thank you. Sometimes people subscribe to their roll call since there are fewer posts (less e-mails), whereas posts in the main forum may not get noticed right away.

Plus, if they save enough based on your tip they might buy you a drink!

So we have booked the Getaway in 2 MA mini suite's w/balcony mid-ship, deck 11. Our final payment has been made. If I were to call in reference to the price drop, what would be the next step up from what we currently have? We got the UDP free when we booked & have booked the UBP for our Grandchildren. It would be good to know the possibilities before making the call. Thanks in advance!

Don't forget to post this in your roll call, your fellow cruisers will thank you. Sometimes people subscribe to their roll call since there are fewer posts (less e-mails), whereas posts in the main forum may not get noticed right away.

Plus, if they save enough based on your tip they might buy you a drink!

Great tip Jason! Thanks!

So we have booked the Getaway in 2 MA mini suite's w/balcony mid-ship, deck 11. Our final payment has been made. If I were to call in reference to the price drop, what would be the next step up from what we currently have? We got the UDP free when we booked & have booked the UBP for our Grandchildren. It would be good to know the possibilities before making the call. Thanks in advance!

If available they will offer an upgrade to a spa mini-suite or just give you a OBC for 25% of the fare decrease.

It sounds like you have a great deal already but let's say you do call b/c the price has dropped; the first thing NCL is likely to offer is an upgrade and only if the next category cabin is available and that would be another minisuite M6, M4,3,2, the lower the number the higher the cat. What that could mean is 2 different cabins, different locations and since its after final payment they don't need to offer you anything, so even this may not be offered.

The other thing to be aware of is that if they do offer you something, a higher cat. cabin, you could lose your perks, UDP - gone.

OBC is a possibility but... not really likely, $20-30 tops unless there's a huge difference in the price.