Booking family of 5 to a cabin..possible?

Seriously looking to book our first cruise for our family of 5 and it looks like cabins are for families of 4 or less?

As you can see I don't post often but have been reading more as I do believe that our family would love to cruise.

My apologies if this has been asked/answered a million times.

Thank

--Michele

Seriously looking to book our first cruise for our family of 5 and it looks like cabins are for families of 4 or less?

As you can see I don't post often but have been reading more as I do believe that our family would love to cruise.

Thank

--Michele

Michelle,

We are a family of five also. Our TA had to manually add our youngest to the room for us. We got a family ocean view which holds six.

Frank

Sent from my HTC One X using Forums mobile app

The FOV can't usually be booked online (so you can't watch for price drops)..I would book 2 connecting cabins and then keep watching..We just recently were able to change 4 family members originally booked in 2 connecting OV's to the FOV for less money and less than the usual min # of passengers required...These FOV are only available on the website very close to final if they haven't been booked.

Thank you for the quick replies.

I will be calling a travel agent soon. Might be nice to get the adjoining rooms. Will have to see whats available.

--Michele

When looking at what cabin to book consider the age of your children .A friend of mine liked the family ocean view when her kids were younger . But now she has 2 teenage girls and 8yr old boy they get connecting cabins so they get 2 bathrooms.

Thank

--Michele

I originally booked one room for my family of four and the discovered we could get adjoining rooms for only $110 more. The booking included a $25 on board credit per cabin so we got an additional $25 by adding a second cabin. Two bathrooms is worth the extra money with kids:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When looking at what cabin to book consider the age of your children .A friend of mine liked the family ocean view when her kids were younger . But now she has 2 teenage girls and 8yr old boy they get connecting cabins so they get 2 bathrooms.

Yes always take this (age) into consideration...and remember if you're traveling with an infant they can at times be booked into cabins with you that normally aren't advertised as holding additional people. Always best to ask RCI directly.

I also second booking two connecting cabins! Be sure to ask for connecting and not adjoining as you want an interior door access between the two cabins). We did this when my girls were 6 and 8 and they loved having their own full sized twin beds (no sofas or Pullmans!) and they loved having their own tv and bathroom. The connecting door was always kept opened too so it's just like one really big cabin! We got connecting interior promenade view rooms on the Liberty on our first cruise, and have only sailed in connecting cabins since! We have connecting Central Park view rooms on Oasis next!

Edited by shoppgirl

We booked a promenade family room-you have to call-they only get released for parties of less than 5 closer to cruise date. We were able to get all 3 kids free with the promotion so got a fabulous deal with double the space of a regular interior. My kids are 11, 9, 23 months at time of sailing and I like that we are all in one room. We can deal with one bathroom for a week-we did it for years before our third was born and we added on to our house!

If you book two rooms, you only get one person free if you are looking at the deal going on right now-something to consider!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

HI, Yes, you can get a cabin. In Freedom class ships, Freedom, Indy..., there are promenade family staterooms. They sleep 6. Lovely king bed , a queen sleeper sofa for 2 more and a separate additional small room with two bunk beds and walk in closets 2 more. Two giant windows, 327 sq. ft. cabin is huge! Large bathroom with tub and shower. We just snapped up one during the sale, and right now til March 31, 3rd and 4th persons sail free!

Happy hunting

We are leaving in 12 days for our first family cruise. We are traveling with 10 and booked the 2 interior family rooms which each sleep 6. It was quite a bit less than doing 3 rooms. We usually share rooms when we go on vacations anyway and don't spend much time in our rooms. So excited!!

Thank you for the quick replies.

I will be calling a travel agent soon. Might be nice to get the adjoining rooms. Will have to see whats available.

--Michele

Be sure to ask about connecting cabins.......not just 2 cabins next to each other. The connecting cabins have a door in the 2 cabins where you can more freely between each cabin.

I just booked a family stateroom with balcony during the kids sail free promo. We are a family of six so I was able to get all four of my kids for free! Only had to pay the taxes. I think $107 per kid. I had originally book a family stateroom with oceanview but with this promo I upgraded to a balcony and still saved over $1000 on my original booking! I have a 11, 8, 5 and 3 year olds traveling with my wife and I. We prefer to all be together in the same room.

I'm sure it's going to be tight but that's why it's great to have the balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Be sure to ask about connecting cabins.......not just 2 cabins next to each other. The connecting cabins have a door in the 2 cabins where you can more freely between each cabin.

We are also doing connecting cabins. Our kids are 12 and 16 and we are not yet ready for them to be in a separate cabin without a connecting interior door. We have had to book hotels (for a single night) where the rooms did not have a connecting interior door. I find myself getting up a couple of times in the night, looking for the separate key card, going into the hallway and then into their room to check and make sure they are ok. That would ruin my cruise. Maybe once they are in college, we will stick them in a separate room, just not ready for that yet :)

Depending on the age of your kids, you could put the 3 kids in an interior directly across the hall and the 2 adults in a balcony. When our kids were younger, we all stayed in a jr. Suite. The Freedom class also has promenade family cabins which are wonderful for a family of 4. My 2 6 year old nephews loved the bunk beds in the separate room. Check with a travel agent or RCCL to see what the options are. If you all want to be in one cabin, there are some great deals going on right now with kids sail free in the same stateroom as adults.