Key west with a broken ankle

lilypi314

Hello!

I have excellent luck, and managed to break m ankle just a few weeks before cruising. The silver lining is that it's not horrific, and I do have a walking boot. I'm also equipped with a positive attitude. I'm thinking that the hop on/off trolley is our best bet, but I'm looking for feedback. I really shouldn't walk for more than 10 minutes at a time, especially if its hot out! We will be n town in about 2 weeks.

The trolley is probably you're best bet because nothing is a far walk from any of the stops. In fact, it's a great excursion to begin with but for you're condition, I think it's perfect. Enjoy your trip. :)

There is another option--the Conch Train. It has only one stop, a souvenier shop. Thus you won't be getting up and down from the trolley. Of course, you can ride the trolley and not get off at any stop if you don't feel up to it.

I've done both the trolley and the Conch Train and like both, each for different reasons. It is harder to take photos from the Conch Train because it seldom comes to a complete stop during its tour.

I hope you recover soon from your broken ankle.

• 2 weeks later...

Rent an electric car and cruise around Key West to go where you wanna go. We have been to Key West 4 times and we always rent an electric car. My dad has mobility issues so an electric car is perfect for us

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of the suggestions:

Conch Train

Electric Car and

Scooter

are good ideas. It is level in Key West and you should be able to manage.

If you dock at Mallory, it's a long pier. Just getting off the ship and down the pier is a bit of a walk.

All of the suggestions:

Conch Train

Electric Car and

Scooter

are good ideas. It is level in Key West and you should be able to manage.

If you dock at Mallory, it's a long pier. Just getting off the ship and down the pier is a bit of a walk.

I suspect you are thinking of pier B the Westin Hotel pier; as it is a couple hundred yards from where the ship docks to Front St.

At Mallory Square, there is hardly any walking as it is directly landside.

Mike:)