Can seasickness be "cured" forever by only one VERY bad experience...?

TrumpyNor

Without reading any posts :eek: .

I will say, I never had any sea sickness aboard any vessel, regardless of seas, until....... recently. eek.

Of course during those rough sea states we took Bonine ahead of seas if possible. The seas are 90% of the time predictable with the right gear, so we medicate proactively/prior, as indicated. That has always worked for us. It's always worked, unless caught off guard. Which has, and did happen. :eek:

Yet one day after a brutal sailing in a hurricane, I (we) had land sickness once ashore. Very surprising and weird. We were fine aboard, but once ashore, not. At first it was ironic, amazing, unbelievable, amusing, but it became more brutal than any sea sickness I've experienced prior. That's right, land sickness. First for everything.

Life is ironic. I suggest to continue the Bonine after sailing if seas were rough.

I'll admit when this occurred seas were significantly abnormal.

15ft for two days - 30 ft for one day. I do feel the duration of the sustained sea state had a lot to do with the land sickness. Not sure about sea sickness. :p

Bonine is your friend.

As suggested take Bonine prior to departure. Check and observe weather as difficult as that may be aboard. Adjust Bonine consumption as needed. :D

Enjoy sailing regardless of noise heard. :)

Edited by bear3412

I wish it was!! I would lose the first day and a half due to seasickness on every cruise. I still have problems to this day. I found Seabands and they are light a magic switch to turn off the sea sickness. I feel it coming, slap them on and I am good to go.

You are very lucky to not have issues anymore. Sea sickness is terrible...

Happy Sailing!

6&8

I actually use the wrist seabands when going on a bustrip or if driving in a car for hours (as passenger) - and it works for me to. I bring them with me when cruising, but never needed them on board. :)

hook your toes under the cabinet of the Teletype machine so you don't fall over backwards!

Forgot to do that one night on the Boulder and ended up on the other side of the Radio Shack when a rogue wave caused a 59 degree roll.:o

A couple of other stories- a shipmate of mine had to spend a night on a helo carrier and the different motion of the larger ship caused him to be seasick.

I had a sailor that worked for me on an aircraft carrier that would get so sick he would need to be sent to his rack if we were doing 1 degree rolls.

I take a Bonine the night before my cruise...knocks me out and I get a good nights sleep plus it gets the medicine into your body then right before you get on ship I place the ear bandaid on and I'm good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums