Celebrity Suite vs Sky Suite

JustinAllen

Thanks for the info guys! We went with the CS GTY for $1250. The rep said to give it a couple days for our room to be assigned. I just logged into my reservation and we were placed in a Royal Suite instead!!! Definitely not going to complain!

OMG that's awesome!!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the info guys! We went with the CS GTY for $1250. The rep said to give it a couple days for our room to be assigned. I just logged into my reservation and we were placed in a Royal Suite instead!!! Definitely not going to complain!

Great that you went for the Celebrity Suite option. And, then got a Royal Suite. WOW!! As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. We had a Celebrity Suite and it worked out super well. Our cruise was 14-days and having that added room was very nice. With a CS or RS, you are also very central on the ship and near the main elevator bank. That saves time!! Extra closet space. Having a door from the bedroom into the bath was handy. We had only sailed on Celebrity once before, but with a CS, we got the Elite coupons that saved money on the Internet, laundry, etc. Did one night of the Blu dining and that was very nice. Check out these postings for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy your Royal Suite! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 45,935 views for this fun posting.

That is GREAT !!!

I just looked at the Celebrity web site and for some reason, right now, the Royal suites are LESS expensive than the Celebrity suites for that sailing:confused:

Anyway you saved a fortune compared to the normal price difference from a Veranda to a Royal suite ($1800 per person)!

Edited by TommyD3

Great that you went for the Celebrity Suite option. And, then got a Royal Suite. WOW!! As noted in the live/blog below, we just got off of the Solstice last month. We had a Celebrity Suite and it worked out super well. Our cruise was 14-days and having that added room was very nice. With a CS or RS, you are also very central on the ship and near the main elevator bank. That saves time!! Extra closet space. Having a door from the bedroom into the bath was handy. We had only sailed on Celebrity once before, but with a CS, we got the Elite coupons that saved money on the Internet, laundry, etc. Did one night of the Blu dining and that was very nice. Check out these postings for more info/background on this nice ship, its entertainment, food options, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy your Royal Suite! Terry in Ohio

Just back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 45,935 views for this fun posting.

Yeah, we would have been perfectly happy with the CS...now we're ecstatic! I've been looking through your review as i've had time today and looks like it was amazing!

Yeah, we would have been perfectly happy with the CS...now we're ecstatic! I've been looking through your review as i've had time today and looks like it was amazing!

Appreciate your comments and nice follow-up. Having that extra "room" makes relaxing much easier. Plus, having the separation between the "living" area versus where you sleep, get ready, etc., can be very good. Adds much to the enjoyment.

Have some creative, good Butler ideas. Let me know any and all of your follow-up questions on my live/blog. Then, I can share for you and other more suggestions for working with the Butlers, doing Blu, other little secrets, etc. Plus, answer your good questions!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these

Appreciate your comments and nice follow-up. Having that extra "room" makes relaxing much easier. Plus, having the separation between the "living" area versus where you sleep, get ready, etc., can be very good. Adds much to the enjoyment.

Have some creative, good Butler ideas. Let me know any and all of your follow-up questions on my live/blog. Then, I can share for you and other more suggestions for working with the Butlers, doing Blu, other little secrets, etc. Plus, answer your good questions!

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these

What is your live blog? We would definitely like to know how to utilize our butler and what other secrets you can share with your suite since this is our first time with a suite. I want to get my "money's" worth with it.

What is your live blog? We would definitely like to know how to utilize our butler and what other secrets you can share with your suite since this is our first time with a suite. I want to get my "money's" worth with it.

Appreciate your follow-up! The live/blog is "connected" below. Just click on the link there, post any questions, including about getting the most from your Butler, other Suite "extras", etc. These postings or trip report have lots of pictures and info/background on these nice Solstice-class ships, their entertainment, food options, etc. This way in answering any of your questions, it can be share with others reading this report or trip summary.

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 46,455 views for this fun posting.

Did you get the drink package with upgrade

We didn't lose anything. Trust me, we made sure to ask that. So we got our onboard credit from when we booked a cruise onboard and we got the drink package that we upgraded as well.