Celebrity Suite vs Sky Suite

JustinAllen

Currently booked on the Silhouette to leave in a couple weeks. Called to check on upgrades and this is what we were told. We currently are booked in Verandah room..they offered us a Sky Suite GTY for $750 for both of us or a Celebrity Suite GTY for $1250 for both of us....which is the better choice as we've only sailed once on Celebrity and it was in an inside room :-) Thanks for your help!

Never been in either suite on an S-Class suite but, personally, if I could afford the extra US$500, I would choose the Celebrity Suite. Just a few things to be aware of: there is no curtain on the frosted glass walls of the bedroom so you are unable to exclude any light from the sitting area and there is no proper dining table. However, with a Sky suite, you only get one room and, again, there is no dining table. With the Celebrity Suite, you have a much better idea where your room will be situated because they are grouped together mid-ships with the Royal and Penthouse Suites.

The Celebrity Suite is 394 sq ft while the Sky Suite is 300. The Celebrity has a separate bedroom/living room area while the Sky is just one big cabin, with no wall between the bedroom and living area.

The Celebrity Suite is 394 sq ft while the Sky Suite is 300. The Celebrity has a separate bedroom/living room area while the Sky is just one big cabin, with no wall between the bedroom and living area.

I sailed on reflection last September in a sky suite whilst my sister and brother in law had a celebrity suite. Their bedroom was very tight although the living area was good and the balcony more spacious. They had a walk in closet. They didn't like the lack of space in the bedroom and have booked a sky suite on this next trip. The sky suite is just like a large hotel room with a bar area and a seating area but almost feels more spacious. It is true that sky suites can be aft corners and celebrity are mid ship. Depends what is important.

We loved our Celebrity Suite on Eclipse. But keep in mind, because the bedroom is separate, you will be unable to lie in bed and look out at the ocean view, or even the sky. If you are interested in breakfast or coffee in bed, it will not be the same in the small, separate bedroom. So, there are trade-offs. We got into Celebrity Suite on a suite guarantee, so we paid only the sky suite price. Would be pay extra for Celebrity Suite? Maybe not. On the other hand, we found the bedroom quite dark at night as long as the living room drapes were pulled shut. We have never been in Sky Suite.

Thanks for the info guys! We went with the CS GTY for $1250. The rep said to give it a couple days for our room to be assigned. I just logged into my reservation and we were placed in a Royal Suite instead!!! Definitely not going to complain!

Thanks for the info guys! We went with the CS GTY for $1250. The rep said to give it a couple days for our room to be assigned. I just logged into my reservation and we were placed in a Royal Suite instead!!! Definitely not going to complain!

What sailing did you get that price?

Sounds like you hit the jackpot.

Congratulations!! You really hit the upgrade jackpot!! We had a Royal Suite on the Eclipse last summer and loved it so much that we booked another RS on the Reflection in July!! Enjoy the suite life!!

I sailed on reflection last September in a sky suite whilst my sister and brother in law had a celebrity suite. Their bedroom was very tight although the living area was good and the balcony more spacious. They had a walk in closet. They didn't like the lack of space in the bedroom and have booked a sky suite on this next trip. The sky suite is just like a large hotel room with a bar area and a seating area but almost feels more spacious. It is true that sky suites can be aft corners and celebrity are mid ship. Depends what is important.

We were just in an S1 Sky Suite aboard the Eclipse. We got our butler to show us the Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite on the last morning before leaving the ship. We didn't like the bedroom arrangement in the Celebrity Suite at all. To us it was small and very closed in. Furthermore, this suite has a bathroom that is smaller than what we had in our Sky Suite.

We were thinking of changing our next booking from the Sky Suite to one of the larger suites. After actually seeing the suites in person we concluded that the S1 Sky Suite was the best cabin for the money. We liked the openess that the S1 has and we liked having the huge circular window as well as a balcony from which we could look aft as well as forward.

We did like the Royal and the Penthouse Suites just fine but not enough that we were willing to pay the substantial difference in price that the two largest suites go for. Everyone is different but we are now quite happy with being in S1's.

Everyone have a great day.

:):):)

We were just in an S1 Sky Suite aboard the Eclipse. We got our butler to show us the Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite and Penthouse Suite on the last morning before leaving the ship. We didn't like the bedroom arrangement in the Celebrity Suite at all. To us it was small and very closed in. Furthermore, this suite has a bathroom that is smaller than what we had in our Sky Suite.

We were thinking of changing our next booking from the Sky Suite to one of the larger suites. After actually seeing the suites in person we concluded that the S1 Sky Suite was the best cabin for the money. We liked the openess that the S1 has and we liked having the huge circular window as well as a balcony from which we could look aft as well as forward.

We did like the Royal and the Penthouse Suites just fine but not enough that we were willing to pay the substantial difference in price that the two largest suites go for. Everyone is different but we are now quite happy with being in S1's.

Everyone have a great day.

:):):)

We felt the CS was smaller than we thought it would be as well as the Royal...we are thinking next trip to go S1 or even S2...we did love the huge balcony in 1615 in the CS...

So glad that it worked out so well. However, you do realise that you will now be spoiled for anything less than a Royal Suite, don't you!

Sky Suite GTY for $750 for both of us or a Celebrity Suite GTY for $1250 for both of us

Are there different stateroom codes for these? W for Sky Suite GTY I imagine, but I would be very interested in a minimum Celebrity Suite GTY fare for my upcoming Reflection sailing.

Are there different stateroom codes for these? W for Sky Suite GTY I imagine, but I would be very interested in a minimum Celebrity Suite GTY fare for my upcoming Reflection sailing.

The OP said on his first post that he called to ask for an upgrade, you should do the same if you are interested.

Right, just wondering if there's a particular stateroom class code to ask for. I will call this morning.

Well it started off asking if they had any concierge class (CC) rooms available and he said No, but they had a Sky Suite (S2) GTY and a Celebrity Suite (CS) GTY available at those prices. We opted for the CS as there were a lot of S2 Accessible rooms left and we didn't want to run the risk of getting one of those rooms.

So glad that it worked out so well. However, you do realise that you will now be spoiled for anything less than a Royal Suite, don't you!

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of LOL

That's awesome. Congrats. How fun will that be. Take advantage of room service with the butler as well. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We definitely plan on taking advantage of the breakfast in the room!

Right, just wondering if there's a particular stateroom class code to ask for. I will call this morning.

Well, just got off the phone after holding for a half hour and was told the only guarantee they offer is for any suite, with no minimum category. I'm already booked in an Aqua Class Suite (for which I already paid above what W is going for) so I thanked him and hung up. Not sure I want to spend another half hour on hold for a potentially different answer.