Self Disembarkation at Southampton-what time?

kevinyork

We were on Eclipse last July and self disembarked. We got off very early, about 6.50 I think, however I cannot remember if that was because you couldnt self-disembark after a certain time or if we chose to get off so early.

We are back in Eclipse with family in May and want to self disembark but a little later. We dont like waiting around in lounges.

Can someone advise if self disembarkation is possible thoughout the overall disembarkation or only until they start the staged disembarkations for those collecting their bags from the terminal?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We couldn't get a suitable time for ourselves last year, and we certainly didn't want to hang around with a 300 mile drive home, so we just tagged on to a group that were disembarking with no problem at all. Don't worry Kevin, they are hardly likely to clap you in irons!

We have noticed that Celebrity doesn't care if we disembark earlier than what our assigned time is. A problem might arise if luggage has not yet been offloaded into the terminal. If you've got all your bags, you've got no problem. Leave at your convenience.

We have noticed that Celebrity doesn't care if we disembark earlier than what our assigned time is. A problem might arise if luggage has not yet been offloaded into the terminal. If you've got all your bags, you've got no problem. Leave at your convenience.

Thanks. We are a bit concerned that we would stand out dragging our luggage off amidst the other passengers who's luggage would be waiting for them in the terminal. Im pretty sure on RCI last year they stated that after a specific time there would be no self-disembarkation allowed.

If you are looking to disembark later, then why not let them handle your luggage and pick it up in the terminal when you are ready to go? For example, if you have a label on luggage estimated to be debarking at say 8.00am you do not need to go at that time. You can go anytime up until about 15 minutes after the "all tags, all colours, all remaining passengers" announcement which is generally between 9.30 and 10.00am.

We self disembarked at Southampton about an hour after they opened up regular disembarkation. I wish we had checked our luggage. We ended up lugging everything down a couple of flights of stairs since many of the elevators were jammed with people coming directly from the buffet. Unless you are disembarking very early, do regular luggage service unless you travel very light.

Edited by lucinjo

Thanks. We are a bit concerned that we would stand out dragging our luggage off amidst the other passengers who's luggage would be waiting for them in the terminal. Im pretty sure on RCI last year they stated that after a specific time there would be no self-disembarkation allowed.

If I were you, I would opt for the earliest time possible after self disembarkation. That way, you won't have to drag your own bags but the luggage will be in the terminal. Then you can wander off at your leisure sans bags, the best of all possible worlds. as Pangloss would say. We once disembarked but our luggage hadn't yet been offloaded. We had to wait until it was, not a serious problem, but a lesson learned.