can kids sail free in a studio?

anonmom

I'm interested in taking my daughter on our first cruise, but I'm a single mom and we don't have a second adult sailing with us.

Is there any way to combine studio pricing with the kids sail free promotion?

Thanks!

I just check this out because I might be going solo on my next cruise. The price of a studio cabin for one person is only a little less then 2 people in a inside room. I don't know actual difference but a 12 day on the Breakaway, but I think is was about $600 between one person studio and 2 people in a inside room. I believe the studio was around $1900 for a single

We're apparently cruising on a totally different budget. ;) Two people in an inside room on the sailing I am looking at is $598 ($299/person).

This is why price comparison are often very confusing and misleading. Stuff that can or can not be included when somebody quotes a fare.

Cruise Fare

Taxes

Port Fees

Different # of days

Discount coupon applied

Different dates

Transfers

Airfare

Hotel pre or post cruise

Food or Beverage Package

Prepaid Service Fee

Prepaid...

OBC

etc etc

Heck, I have even seen people quote a fare after applying a gift card from their Aunt Suzie, and really believe that is the cost of THEIR cruise.

Well, my intention wasn't to compare cruise fares, just to say that PP's idea of "only a little less" money ($600) is my idea of how much I want to spend total on cruise fare. I understand that taxes, fees, airfare, drinks, specialty dinners, etc. are all extra, but to *me* $600 is my starting point, and I was looking to see if there was a way to get a discount off of that by just getting a studio instead of an inside room.

We're apparently cruising on a totally different budget. ;) Two people in an inside room on the sailing I am looking at is $598 ($299/person).

The price I checked was Breakaway, newer ship. Out of NYC, one of the highest port fees. Was on a 12 Day compared to a 7 day.

If you can 2 people on a inside for $599 total I would jump on it. Just remember Port fees and tips. I would do a inside 7 day on any Ncl ship for that rate!

Is there a search engine that includes port fees and taxes? I've just been looking at the 90 day ticker site and they only quote the fare, with nothing else included.

The two sailings I have looked at, with totally different purposes, of course, are the 7-day Miami, leaving 3/30; and the 11-day Miami to Barcelona transatlantic, leaving 4/27. Both are $299/person for the cheapest inside cabin.

Is there a search engine that includes port fees and taxes? I've just been looking at the 90 day ticker site and they only quote the fare, with nothing else included.

The two sailings I have looked at, with totally different purposes, of course, are the 7-day Miami, leaving 3/30; and the 11-day Miami to Barcelona transatlantic, leaving 4/27. Both are $299/person for the cheapest inside cabin.

If you goto ncl.com and do a mock booking of the sailing you want you can see the port fees and taxes..that will give you an idea do what to add to the price.

You can go on NCL's website and/or any cruise line they will give you the base rate per cat. then choose it. It will give you the total breakdown adding the port and tax rates. Then when you are on the ship there will be a per person per day automatic tip rate, that also will vary.

Thanks! I went to NCL and it showed the total for 2 passengers, including port fees and taxes, as $827 for the Caribbean cruise and $726 for the transatlantic. Super helpful!!

Now how do I find out how much these mandatory tips are? Also, can the cruise line get you deals on open jaw tickets, like what I would need for the transatlantic cruise? Or do you just have to pay the same as any other airlines passenger, i.e. whatever fares I can find on the kayak or on the fly apps?

I'm interested in taking my daughter on our first cruise, but I'm a single mom and we don't have a second adult sailing with us.

Is there any way to combine studio pricing with the kids sail free promotion?

Thanks!

Nope. Your daughter would be the second passenger. The discount is for passengers three through eight.

You can get airfare cheaper on your own, however if you book airfare the cruise line guarantees you will make the ship even if you have to catch up to it at the next port. On a transatlantic I don't think they will be able to.