Ventura fly cruise luggage

asda

Hi we are flying from manchester to genoa to join ventura and flying back from venice.( the charter flight is a thomson )What happens with our luggage? Do we collect it in genoa and take it to the coach or will it be collected at airport and taken to our cabin? Plus how much do thomson charge for pre booking seats?

Hi we are flying from manchester to genoa to join ventura and flying back from venice.( the charter flight is a thomson )What happens with our luggage? Do we collect it in genoa and take it to the coach or will it be collected at airport and taken to our cabin? Plus how much do thomson charge for pre booking seats?

That's a good question.

I suspect that it will go plane to cabin but we have no previous on this.

You can tell us when you come back

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For european destinations it is usual to collect your case from baggage claim and take it to the transfer coach. This is normal procedure for Thomson flights/cruises but in the caribbean the luggage goes direct from plane to ship.

P&O have an agreement over bonded luggage in the Caribbean, but in Europe you have to take your luggage through customs (even though most of us will go blue channel I guess). As far as I can see we will also have to take luggage into the cruise terminal as well.

I've not done a fly cruise with P&O (yet) but in Rome with Cunard last year we had to collect our luggage from the carousel and hand it over to Cunard staff in the baggage hall. It was delivered to our cabins as usual.

At the end of the cruise, we collected our luggage from a "secure area" (the pavement outside the terminal) in Venice for check-in.

I'll report back after our trip.

Edited by hattie the cattie

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure but it looks like our luggage may be taken from plane to cruise and visa versa.

It would be nice if this happens.

Plus how far from genoa airport to cruise port? Will we be allowed on ship as soon as we arrive?

We are also flying Man - Genoa I have two different answers about luggage from P and O Staff - one said plane to cabin and the other said collect at reclaim and then give it to them.

I think the second one is correct as I am sure I have read somewhere on their website that that is how they work it.

We are also flying Man - Genoa I have two different answers about luggage from P and O Staff - one said plane to cabin and the other said collect at reclaim and then give it to them.

I think the second one is correct as I am sure I have read somewhere on their website that that is how they work it.

People returning from the first fly cruises are reporting that it was plane to cabin

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2