Any Suggestions on this port?

MzShelle2U

It is great that you pointed that out. :D Rap music certainly wouldn't be very relaxing or enjoyable for me either, beach day or not. ;)

Been to Maho Beach (St Martin) once as well and once was enough. ;)

Arubalisa is hands the most helpful expert on this port (Thanks!), but I wanted to add a bit about Reflexions (Surfside / Nikki).

This time I wanted a change, and went to Reflexions.

Now, the chair and umbrella were fine, and the bar was close and the staff was friendly.

However, there was loud rap / dance music playing all day, and (I did not realize this), you are right at the end of the airport landing strip. It's the Maho Beach (St Martin) of Aruba.

I enjoyed my few hours there anyway, as my stress level has dropped since I retired, but I will not go back. No, I'm not an old fuddy duddy, just like a little quieter relaxation so I can read and listen to my own ipod music selection.

If you are seeking a quiet peaceful day, enjoying the calm breezes under the palm trees, this beach is not for you. Head to Eagle

Totally agree. I checked out this beach while I was in Aruba over Christmas on a land vacation, and I have no idea why anyone would chose this beach. It's small, was crowded and it's loud. There are much better choices.

Lisa, Reflexions is probably the closest, and as 6 rugrats sez, the beginning of Eagle (that open space with few or no trees) is pretty close too.

Maybe just tweak your master beach listing with a note that Reflexions, while close, is under the flight path and tends to be noisier than Eagle? I suspect some may actually prefer it, 20 somethings maybe, or families with kids that are noisy anyway...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
All beaches in Aruba are public. All below are accessible by public bus, with Boca Catalina, Catalina Cove and Arashi beach being the furthest from the port. Plan on a good hour for the latter. It will be less than that, it depends upon whether or not the bus has to stop at every stop.

Water at Eagle Beach and Palm Beach is rarely crystal clear with the exception of just after sunrise. Boat traffic from watersports operators churns up the sand reducing visibility. You will rarely find crystal clear water anywhere in Aruba as you would find in the Bahamas. For the best snorkeling head to Boca Catalina, Catalina Cove, Malmok or Arashi Beach. See below for additional snorkeling info.

The closest location to the cruise terminal, with the bonus, if you have small children, of an adjacent playground is Reflextions Beach Bar & Restaurant at Surfside Beach.

Surfside Beach

Taxi fare $7 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays or 1 mile walking distance along the new linear park

Reflextions Beach Bar & Restaurant http://www.beach-aruba.com

Beach chair and

Full day rental $12.00

Bar & restaurant

Free wifi

Swimming pool

Showers

Restrooms

Baby Beach

Taxi fare $38 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays or by bus. Baby Beach you must take the bus to San Nicolas and change to their mini van transportation which takes you to Baby Beach. Some snorkeling (stay inside the ropes, there were lifeguards there as of 12/29/13) and clear water.

Two food vendors providing food and beverage as well as restrooms. Vendors providing chaises and portable cabanas for shade and free public palapas, first come first served.

Eagle Beach

Some vendors renting chaise lounges as well as jet-skis. They can also provide other watersports such as parasail, banana boat/tube rides, snorkeling excursions, at their locations or take you by boat to Palm Beach.

Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $15 each

Half day rental $10 each

Free wifi

Passions Beach Bar & Restaurant with beach service

No shade palapas available

MVC Eagle Beach Resort

Taxi fare $10 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Beach chair rental

Full day rental $10 each

Half day rental $5 each

Tulip Restaurant (across the street from the beach)- breakfast, lunch, dinner & drinks

Free wifi

Restrooms

Shower

Changing room

Shade palapas available

Palm Beach

Taxi fare $11 each way for a maximum of 5 people, with an additional $3 charge on Sundays & holidays

Various vendors along the beach renting chaises and umbrellas. Most centrally located to food, beverage and bathroom are those at the foot of De Palm Pier. Use the alley from the street out to the beach which runs between the Radisson and Riu.

MoomBa Beach http://moombabeach.com/

Beach chairs

Float rentals

Restrooms

Free wi-?

Beach service

Kitchen open 8 am to 11 pm

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we go to MVC Eagle Beach Resort do we just walk down to the beach to get chairs and shade form vendors? is it easy to get a cab back? thank you for this info

When you get out of a taxi or bus, the beach is on the left side of the road and the resort hotel on the right. Just walk onto the beach and find the beach boys (they will usually find you) to rent a chair. If you are not happy with the situation just walk further down the beach (or along the road) to the Amsterdam Manor area where there are more beach rentals.

When it comes time to return you just walk out to the road (very short walk) where you can wave down a taxi or one of the island's share bus/vans. You can also walk to the nearest bus stop (just ask anyone where) and wait for the next bus to town.

Hank