St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel...Will I back to the ship in time?

The ship arrives in Charlotte Amalie at 12pm. The St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel excursion starts at 1:15pm and is approximately 4 hours long. I've never done this excursion before and I was wondering if I will be back in time for dinner? The dinner reservations are at 5:30. Should I book it or not?

I agree with others about changing dinner time

If that is the tour Im thinking of

There is a 45 min ferry ride to and from St John than you hop on a safari van that takes you to and from Trunk Bay.

You end with about an about an 1 1/2hrs at Trunk. Gorgeous not to be missed but limited time.

Depending on what ship you are on and what arrival time

You could do this on your own and get a lot more time at Trunk for alot cheaper

Here is a great place for more information about ST Thomas /St John

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

I agree with others about changing dinner time

If that is the tour Im thinking of

There is a 45 min ferry ride to and from St John than you hop on a safari van that takes you to and from Trunk Bay.

You end with about an about an 1 1/2hrs at Trunk. Gorgeous not to be missed but limited time.

Depending on what ship you are on and what arrival time

You could do this on your own and get a lot more time at Trunk for alot cheaper

Here is a great place for more information about ST Thomas /St John

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133

The OP did say that their ship does not arrive in St. John's until noon, so the ship tour may be their best option.

We are booked on the "Self Explore St. John" Tour in May. We do have a full day in port, but since we are not early birds the little later departure works well for us. Our tour begins at 10 AM and is 6.5 hours. I know that going on your own is a popular option. We are very familiar with St. Thomas and know the way to Red Hook, etc. But honestly, the ship's option is not expensive at all ($34 pp) and the convenience of not having to take a taxi to Red Hook and rush around in the morning appeals to us. We are also the only ship in port that day and it is shoulder tourist season in St. Thomas, so we do not anticipate having to beat the crowds to be an issue. I think especially in a limited time frame like the OP has, the ship option may be the best.

The OP did say that their ship does not arrive in St. John's until noon, so the ship tour may be their best option.

We are booked on the "Self Explore St. John" Tour in May. We do have a full day in port, but since we are not early birds the little later departure works well for us. Our tour begins at 10 AM and is 6.5 hours. I know that going on your own is a popular option. We are very familiar with St. Thomas and know the way to Red Hook, etc. But honestly, the ship's option is not expensive at all ($34 pp) and the convenience of not having to take a taxi to Red Hook and rush around in the morning appeals to us. We are also the only ship in port that day and it is shoulder tourist season in St. Thomas, so we do not anticipate having to beat the crowds to be an issue. I think especially in a limited time frame like the OP has, the ship option may be the best.

I guess I failed reading comprehension:o

I do agree the ships tour is the best choice for OP

Must be nice being the only ship in port defiantly makes a difference... Enjoy

The ship arrives in Charlotte Amalie at 12pm. The St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel excursion starts at 1:15pm and is approximately 4 hours long. I've never done this excursion before and I was wondering if I will be back in time for dinner? The dinner reservations are at 5:30. Should I book it or not?

Booking the excursion through Royal, means that if you are delayed getting back to the ship -- the ship won't leave until you return. You may not make it back for your dinner reservations, so it may make sense to make other plans for dinner that night.

I would not take the chance of doing it privately, just to save a few dollars, because if you are delayed getting back to the ship....the ship will sail without you on board.