Concierge getting in touch with Suite Guests?

Recently, I heard that the concierge on cruise ships get ahold of the passangers in suites. I am doing my first TA and also in a GS so I assume this would pertain to me. Maybe it isn't so for GS guests??

What sorts of questions do they ask you? What are they actually calling you about? We are Diamond members now but after this cruise it will bump us up to Diamond+ if that matters?

Thanks for any enlightment to this. :confused:

We had a RFS on IOS last year. About a week before our sailing we received an email from the concierge. It welcomed us, told us what the ship had to offer in terms of spa, restaurants, entertainment, ports. He let us know he would be able to make any reservations we wanted, book a cabana in Labadee. It explained when the CL was open. It went through all the suite perks.

We've always heard from the concierge. Usually just a hello and list of available things.

When we've booked a cabana at Barefoot Beach we usually email the concierge a few weeks out and get a reply on that before the standard email from him.

You will enjoy the GS. We're hooked on them.

we are 50/50.. to include the same ship and concierge. sometimes they will, sometimes they don't contact you ahead of time. of you have anything you want taken care of, be proactive and contact them yourselves about ten days prior.

We have heard from the Concierge the times we have been in suites, usually 1-2 weeks prior to sailing. I have heard that this is not always the case, however. And with RCI, as a GS is the first full suite level stateroom, if the Concierge is contacting any suite guest on a given ship that would include GS's.

Our last cruise was in a GS on the Explorer last July. We received an Email from the concierge, Denzil, about 10 days before embarkation. Just a general introduction, welcome aboard, and description of services. :o

Ditto on being hooked on a Grand Suite.

Edited by CroozDoggie

Here is what I received about 10 days prior to last week's cruise on the Oasis OTS.

This was our third GS and first email.

Hope it helps- BTW do other people get the same form email or is it more personalized?

Dear Suite Guest,

Our names are Israel & Charmaine, we are your Concierges onboard the amazing Oasis of the Seas. We are honored that you have chosen Royal Caribbean for your cruise vacation. We will be available for you to assist you throughout your cruise. Our hours in the Concierge Lounge are daily from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

As a Concierge Club guest, you will be offered amenities and services not available to other guests onboard. Upon boarding, you will receive a Suite Services binder with more detailed information. Below is a brief summary of your amenities:

Use of the Concierge Lounge located on Deck # 11 (Accessible with your SeaPass card).

Luxury Robes for use onboard & upgraded bathroom amenities.

Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night.

A la carte breakfast served in the lounge daily from 7:00 am to 10:30 am.

A la carte luncheon served in the lounge daily from noon to 3:00 pm.

Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:30 pm.

Daily Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant menus displayed in the lounge.

In-Suite full Dining Room experience (available when Dining Room is open).

Reservations for any of our specialty restaurant, Explorations!, Salon and Day Spa appointments, etc.

Complementary Luggage Valet Service (providing airline reference number) for domestic flights within USA.

Exclusive Captain's reception.

Reserved area on Deck 17 Solarium Deck with VIP lounge chairs (no reservations are needed, please present your gold SeaPass card).

Reserved VIP area for the Production, Ice and Aqua shows (please present your gold SeaPass card to the Cruise Director's Staff). Show reservations are still required and can be made once onboard.

Mattel Board Games available upon request (limited stock).

Complimentary private photo session with Portrait Artist at the "Picture This" Studio for 45 minutes in different beautiful locations around the Ship.

Free Private Consultation with our onboard Medi- Spa Physician and discover our Medi-Spa treatments like Botox Cosmetic® and Dysport, and our Dermal Fillers, Restylane® and Perlane®.

For this Western Caribbean Cruise we offer the possibility to book a Cabana in Labadee. We have 18 cabanas located in the Barefoot Beach of the below categories:

Hilltop Cabana $ 225.00 - (4 available)

Standard Cabana $ 175.00 (5 available)

The Barefoot Beach Club & Cabanas are located on the private island destination of Labadee. This exclusive beach, is available only to the top suite guests and those guests renting cabanas (up to 6 guests), offers VIP service and amenities to enhance the vacation experience of these valued guests. Cabana reservations are for the entire day in Labadee, charges are per cabana and not per person. You could reserve a cabana at your earliest convenience by replying to this email. Bear in mind the "24 hours Cancellation Policy". Guests who previously sailed on Royal Caribbean ships and are aware of the cabanas contact Royal Advantage (shore side office help desk for suite guests) due to this reason some cabana categories may sell out faster than others. Please note these reservations are in a first-come-first service.

Please note that our Formal Nights are on Sunday March 16 (Day 2) and Wednesday March 19 (Day 5).

Great News! If you prefer to make your own reservations for our entertainment venues, dining, Vitality at Sea Spa and sports, as well as, Explorations! on-line please visit our website. In order to complete your on-line reservations you will need to have your booking ID and sailing date. Click here to book your reservations ---> http://www.royalcaribbean.com/home.do

The Concierge Club is a private lounge reserved for guests staying in the Top Category Suites (except Junior Suites). We also extend the Concierge Service to our Pinnacle Club & Diamond Plus members and these service could not to be shared with other guests. The Concierge Club is accessible with your Gold SeaPass card on a 24-hour basis. The Concierge Lounge is designated as a smoke-free area. We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times). Guests 18 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Note: please see the Oasis of the Seas Itinerary:

Day Port Arrive Depart

Day 1 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 pm

Day 2 Cruising AT SEA

Day 3 Labadee, Haiti 7:30 am 5:00 pm

Day 4 Falmouth, Jamaica 10:00 am 6:30 pm

Day 5 Cruising AT SEA

Day 6 Cozumel, Mexico 8:00 am 7:00 pm

Day 7 Cruising AT SEA

Day 8 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:00 am

We look forward to hearing from you and meeting you in person. Please feel free to email me back if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Israel Sanchez & Charmaine Fernandes

Office :26182 / Email: OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

we are 50/50.. to include the same ship and concierge. sometimes they will, sometimes they don't contact you ahead of time. of you have anything you want taken care of, be proactive and contact them yourselves about ten days prior.

Thank you all for your expedient responses. So, if I try to contact them, do I just write to RC and have them forward to the concierge on that ship (Legend of the Seas)?

Also, thank you Scoob for the copy of the letter they send you. Very informative; I loved reading it. ;)

Thank you all for your expedient responses. So, if I try to contact them, do I just write to RC and have them forward to the concierge on that ship (Legend of the Seas)?

Also, thank you Scoob for the copy of the letter they send you. Very informative; I loved reading it. ;)

See post 2974 at the bottom for instructions on how to e mail the concierge.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1518418&page=149

We leave Saturday; just received the following email:

It is my pleasure to welcome you onboard the beautiful Brilliance of the Seas. We are honored that you have selected Royal Caribbean International for your cruise vacation.

My name is Wilfredo i'm your Concierge onboard. I am available to assist you with any special requests you may have throughout your cruise vacation. My hours in the Concierge Lounge are daily from 7:00 am to 11:00 and 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

As a Suite guest, you are offered exclusive amenities and services not available to other guests onboard Brilliance of the Seas. For your convenience, here is a brief summary of those services:

· Use of the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13.

· Spa Bathrobes for use onboard & Upgraded amenities for the bathroom.

· Continental Breakfast served daily in the Concierge Lounge, Deck 13 from 7:00 am to 10:00 am.

· Breakfast will also be available in Chops Grille, Deck 6 – Please refer to Dining Room breakfast times

· Hors d’oeuvres, petit fours and complimentary bar setup served in the lounge every evening before and after dinner from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

· Daily menus displayed and pre-ordering availability for your dinner wine.

· Full Dining Room Room-Service privilege (available when Dining Room is open).

· Reservations for any of our specialty restaurants, Shore Excursion! Salon and Spa services, etc.

· Priority departure for tendering port, please use your Golden SeaPass card (no tender ticket required)

· Limited VIP lounge chair set-up on Deck 11 forward (please, access by the stairs in front of the Fitness Center on Deck 12).

· Business services such as copies, etc.

· Reserved VIP seats for production shows (please show Cruise Director’s staff your Golden Sea Pass card at the entrance located on Deck 6).

· Private seating during breakfast, lunch at the Windjammer Cafe’ Deck 11

· Private cocktail reception with the Captain (invitations will be sent)

· Complimentary pressing service on the first formal night (one set per guest)

The Concierge Lounge is a private area accessible on a 24-hour basis with your Sea Pass Card.

We respectfully request that guests observe a Smart Casual dress code when visiting the Lounge (no swim or pool attire is allowed, footwear is required at all times).

To ensure all our guests are able to enjoy this exclusive lounge we require that all guests 21 years and younger must be well behaved and accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.

Please come and see me in the Concierge Lounge or contact me by dialing 8992 or 3872 from any ship phone. If there is any way I can be of assistance to make your cruise vacation more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask. We hope you will have the vacation of a lifetime onboard the Brilliance of the Seas.

Sincerely,

Wilfredo J. Salaya

Brilliance of the Seas

BR Concierge/BR/RCLShip

Deck: 8992 Office:3872

We have sailed in suites four times on RC, twice in a GS and twice in a OS. Last year was the first time we received an email from the concierge.

From what I have read here on CC about this topic, sometimes you get an email and sometimes you don't.

We have another OS booked next year on the VOS.

Sailing in a suite is a great way to see the world!