Carnival Stockholders - Excercise Your Right To Vote

I just received the "Excercise Your Right To Vote" ballad in the mail yesterday as a Carnival stockholder. This is the first time that I have received this type of document. I will be voting on line as it seems to be the easiest way.

Most of the voting is for re-electing, but , I have a few questions.....

1. If the majority of folks voted "Against" instead of "For", What would that mean?
  2. "Do you think our vote really makes a difference"
  3. "Do most of you stockholders actually vote?

Thanks!!

PG

I just received the "Excercise Your Right To Vote" ballad in the mail yesterday as a Carnival stockholder. This is the first time that I have received this type of document. I will be voting on line as it seems to be the easiest way.

Most of the voting is for re-electing, but , I have a few questions.....

1. If the majority of folks voted "Against" instead of "For", What would that mean?
  2. "Do you think our vote really makes a difference"
  3. "Do most of you stockholders actually vote?

Thanks!!

PG

voting for or against what?

Bill

voting for or against what?

Bill

There are 20 voting items. 9 of the voting items are to re-elect as a Director of Carnival Corp and Carnival plc. I am not sure what plc is.

The remaining voting 11 items are of a different varities.

I am guessing that you did not receive one then if you are asking:confused:.

I always vote, and I do not always vote yes.

I however, doubt greatly that my vote has any sway, I just want them to know what their share holders really think, even if they have more than 50% of the vote.

Interestingly I did not see a spot on this ballet to continue the share holder benefits as they have in the past. Will probably sell my Carnival stock if they stop giving me OBC.

I always vote, and I do not always vote yes.

I however, doubt greatly that my vote has any sway, I just want them to know what their share holders really think, even if they have more than 50% of the vote.

Interestingly I did not see a spot on this ballet to continue the share holder benefits as they have in the past. Will probably sell my Carnival stock if they stop giving me OBC.

OBC was not on the ballot. But it was in the shareholders report and was extended to July 2015. It gets updated every year (at least so far in the past years).

OBC was not on the ballot. But it was in the shareholders report and was extended to July 2015. It gets updated every year (at least so far in the past years).

Right, I just went and looked at the benefits http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit and it shows them updated till 2015.

Odd though, because I am pretty sure in 2013 I voted for them to be extended. No big deal for me, as long as I get my OBC I am happy with the stock.