Epic: Haven Club, Haven Loung and Posh?

meijk

Hi,

We (2 adults, 2 children) are booked in Cabin 16000 (S4). We did cruise before but never on NCL. We were on the HAL, Regent etc.. I’ll try to figure out how the Haven is working. I have got almost everything in the picture now, but I am confused about the difference between the Club and the Lounge and what is Posh….? Second: Are there any drinks inclusive in the Haven area? 3: the pre cruise tel. number for the concierge seems to be a number I can not call from Holland, has anybody an useful number? Thnx!!!!

Epic Club is the private restaurant, Haven Lounge is the private bar, both are located inside the Haven area. Posh is an outside venue with loungers, bar, etc and is complimentary for suite guests and about 20 passes are sold also to other passengers on each cruise.

I haven't had problems calling US toll-free numbers from abroad, they are just not toll-free obiviously. :) Have you tried f.ex. Skype, I just couple of weeks ago called my US travel agent to their toll-free customer service number through Skype and the call was free (didn't reduce my Skype credits).

EDIT: You can also email them: NorwegianConciergeDesk at ncl.com

Edited by Demonyte

Thnx for the info. I will try. Is there also an area where the concierge is sitting? Lounge sounds to me as.... drinks for free, but am I wrong on this cruise...? :-) Is the posh a nice area, and where is it located? Thnx again

Posh is located above the pool deck. It has two decks of lounging area.

It has sunbecks, chairs and recliners. Never crowded. The bar serves free drinks during sailaway party. As sad before it is adult venue.

The only other free drinks will be bottle of sparkling wine in suite on arrival and the Captain's suite reception.

Posh is beautiful, but it is adults only

posh_zps36d3507e.jpg

Here's the courtyard grille area - it's got a bar and is steps away from the courtyard pool area

DSC_0320.jpg

Here's the courtyard/pool area:

DSC_0298.jpg

I don't have pics of the lounge - it's a nice bar at the entrance to the Epic Club (which is the private restaurant). This is the entrance to the Epic Club from the courtyard area, but not generally where you walk in, as there's another entrance where the maitre d sits to seat you.

DSC_0302.jpg

Thnx for the info. I will try. Is there also an area where the concierge is sitting? Lounge sounds to me as.... drinks for free, but am I wrong on this cruise...? :-) Is the posh a nice area, and where is it located? Thnx again

The concierge or their staff man the desk in the lounge on the lower level of the haven between the courtyard and the elevators. It is in the area marked concierge lounge on the deck 16 deck plans. http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/epic/decks/2/16#tab_detail

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

Yes, at the sail away party and all day on that first embarkation day, Posh is open to Haven children. They will be strict starting the second day. My 15 year old is 5'8 and mature, she wanted to sit up with me in Posh and since she's taller than me and would sit there and read a magazine, I didn't think it would be a big deal. They asked her to leave....... But she was welcome at the sail away party and it was really fun!

Yes, at the sail away party and all day on that first embarkation day, Posh is open to Haven children. They will be strict starting the second day. My 15 year old is 5'8 and mature, she wanted to sit up with me in Posh and since she's taller than me and would sit there and read a magazine, I didn't think it would be a big deal. They asked her to leave....... But she was welcome at the sail away party and it was really fun!

Excellent. Thank you.

No they are not - it is supposed to be adults only all the time.

And it is perfectly fine for kids to check in with their parents at Posh too. They don't have a guard posted at the elevator. Kids are allowed to come and go. Seen it all the time which of course is just common sense.

Good to know, thanks!