Internet access in internet cafe?

Ok Ok, one more for today and then I'm done.

I have to take 2 summer courses - online - so its possible I may have a deadline or 2 to hit while I am on the cruise with Gramps. I would obviously bring my flash drive with me...

So I'm wondering - how does internet access in the internet cafe compare to wifi in the room? I don't want to bring my laptop (if I can avoid it) so I have no problem utilizing my flash drive as long as I can log into my blackboard online account on the ship computers (the internet site my school uses).

What do you all think? At most I would need to access internet for a school assignment once or twice. hopefully I can get stuff done ahead of time to negate the need but its harder when discussion board questions are posted on like a Monday, and you're expected to reply by Sunday :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on internet/wifi situation. obviously things will be slower on the ship...

In the meantime, trying to pull a summer syllabus out of these professor's butts is a pain :) I may have to wait til May to know more :rolleyes:

Ok Ok, one more for today and then I'm done.

I have to take 2 summer courses - online - so its possible I may have a deadline or 2 to hit while I am on the cruise with Gramps. I would obviously bring my flash drive with me...

So I'm wondering - how does internet access in the internet cafe compare to wifi in the room? I don't want to bring my laptop (if I can avoid it) so I have no problem utilizing my flash drive as long as I can log into my blackboard online account on the ship computers (the internet site my school uses).

What do you all think? At most I would need to access internet for a school assignment once or twice. hopefully I can get stuff done ahead of time to negate the need but its harder when discussion board questions are posted on like a Monday, and you're expected to reply by Sunday :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on internet/wifi situation. obviously things will be slower on the ship...

In the meantime, trying to pull a summer syllabus out of these professor's butts is a pain :) I may have to wait til May to know more :rolleyes:

Hopefully others will chime in as am not totally sure about this but, seem to remember that they don't allow you access to any USB ports in the computer room to protect their computers and systems from viruses so if correct, you may need to bring that laptop.

Also how hoggish this program is may impact your ability to access that site either with the on board computers or your laptop. Highly recommend a laptop vs an Ipad or other tablet as the wifi system on most tablets are far less sensitive and able to connect to wifi than laptops.

the no usb port thing makes sense.

blah. maybe I need to resign to just bringing my laptop with me.

course, I should have syllabus for each of my classes by mid May so I should have a better feel by then for what my needs are.

AFAIK, when you use the Internet Café computers, you have to log into your shipboard Internet account and the clock is ticking even if you aren't actually using the Internet (like word processing). So, unless you are getting free Internet via SSS status or a promotion, it is far better to log on with your own computer, download what you need, and then log off. Do your word processing off-line and then log back in to upload. With your own computer you'll also have a guaranteed, familiar set of applications.