Menus

E&D

Yes, it is going to get very boring, eating off the same menu over and over again on a two week cruise!

Hopefully they will have realised the error of their ways before we cruise in September next year!

Wouldn't you be having the same Menu items from week 1 to week 2 anyway? With 18 places to eat and the many choices in each, I'm sure you could find something different each of the 14 days.

Wouldn't you be having the same Menu items from week 1 to week 2 anyway? With 18 places to eat and the many choices in each, I'm sure you could find something different each of the 14 days.

No, they are two week cruises ex UK, not two one week cruises, so normally the menu would change every day.

There are not really 18 places to eat, there are three free main dining rooms, that is all. The list of entrees in each is very short with some items which naturally I do not like. So no, there will definitely not be something different to eat every evening unless we give up and eat in the Windjammer.

There are certainly at least 4 main dining rooms, just because you don't want to dress up doesn't mean the dining room doesn't exist.

No, look carefully! There are only three unless you are in a suite, when there are four. (The rest of your sentence makes no sense!)

No, look carefully! There are only three unless you are in a suite, when there are four. (The rest of your sentence makes no sense!)

No, you should look carefully. Chic. American Icon, Grande and silk. Coastal kitchen is the suite only.

Silk

The Grande

Chic

American Icon Grille

Coastal Kitchen - if you are in a suite

I count 4 for non-suite passengers.

And I believe what didn't make sense to you is that The Grande is FORMAL ONLY and they probably thought you didn't want to dress up and that's why you counted out that restaurant.

Edited by tls1012

No, I didn't discount the Grande, I simply can't count! Apologies!

But even so, it still leaves very little choice. I suspect that this will only apply to the shorter Quantum sailings and that on Anthem's two week cruises, they will have a second menu the second week to provide more choice. Normally that is what they do in extra cost restaurants on other lines.

Is there a list somewhere of the non-surcharge eating venues on the Quantum? I presume there will be a Windjammer. What about places like Park Café? Café Promenade? Solarium? Dawg House? Pizza place?

With this new plan, if I go on Quantum (which I really want to do), I see myself doing the casual eateries, since I HATE freestyle dining. That is one reason I never CHOOSE to cruise on NCL but only go when our senior group goes on NCL.

Kathy

Is there a list somewhere of the non-surcharge eating venues on the Quantum? I presume there will be a Windjammer. What about places like Park Café? Café Promenade? Solarium? Dawg House? Pizza place?

You can see the full list of restaurants (both complimentary and extra fee) on the Royal Caribbean site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

Just scroll down and change the drop-down menu for "Dining Style" to "Complimentary". It will show all complimentary restaurants below (including Solarium Bistro which is only complimentary for breakfast and Coastal Kitchen which is only for suite guests). If you want more details on any of the restaurants, just click on them. Then, click "Visit Restaurant".

Edited by UCF_Knight

But even so, it still leaves very little choice. I suspect that this will only apply to the shorter Quantum sailings and that on Anthem's two week cruises, they will have a second menu the second week to provide more choice. Normally that is what they do in extra cost restaurants on other lines.

Unfortunately they will not. I asked that question to Adam today. The menus will be slightly larger (looks like 8 entrees instead of 6 entrees) but it will be only 4 per sailing.

I have done a few 2 week plus cruises, and while there are 15 'different' menus, some items do repeat themselves. I think Pork medallions were served 3 times on my last TA. and I have already run into situations where none of the 5 or 6 items appealed to me that night. While on other nights there might be 3 things I want to eat.

Since each of the 4 restaurants has at least 8 items, that is at least 32 options you have.

Adam also stated today that they would have the 'traditional' steak, chicken, fish dish as they do now.

I could easily see myself eating Chicken Tikka Masala 2 times in 14 nights. At least now I know I am going to get to eat everything I want to try because if I don't eat it on night 1, I can eat it on night 2 or 3.

Now, I don't discount that the Anthem Menu items may change slightly for UK tastes.

Unfortunately they will not. I asked that question to Adam today. The menus will be slightly larger (looks like 8 entrees instead of 6 entrees) but it will be only 4 per sailing.

So, even with eight items per menu, that is a considerably reduced choice compared with 14 times however many items there are now on each MDR menu ( never counted them!), but say 5 X 14 would be 70 rather than 32.

Are the menus in the "free" dining rooms set menus or do they change daily?

Per RCCL on another thread:

Thanks for your support. Each restaurant has its own distinctive menu and ambiance that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests can certainly experience different selections off the menu each night.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I keep seeing this link but when I go to it I can't find a button for looking at individual menus. What am I doing wrong?

Towards the bottom of that page there is a grid of squares with each restaurant having its own square. If you want more details on any of the restaurants, just click on the square. This will open up a short description of the restaurant. Click the "Visit Restaurant" button from there and it will take you to a whole page about the restaurant with pictures, details, and the menu (for most restaurants).

You can see the full list of restaurants (both complimentary and extra fee) on the Royal Caribbean site:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/dining/restaurants/

Just scroll down and change the drop-down menu for "Dining Style" to "Complimentary". It will show all complimentary restaurants below (including Solarium Bistro which is only complimentary for breakfast and Coastal Kitchen which is only for suite guests). If you want more details on any of the restaurants, just click on them. Then, click "Visit Restaurant".

Thanks this answered my previous post question.