Connie - would we be disappointed post Equinox?

Natalia&Nick

For those in a regular stateroom (not a suite), I just wanted to add:

If you like to have ample, well-designed and conveniently located storage space in your stateroom within easy reach, accessible closets with doors that swing wide open, and full-sized nightstands with real drawers beside your bed, then you will like the M-class ships.

Oh yes! I had forgotten about that. The sliding closet doors on the S-class ships were always slamming into the buttons on the sleeves of my sports jackets as the closet is just not quite deep enough. And with sliding doors, there is no tie rack attached inside which is too bad as I made use of that feature, for not only ties but belts and my wife liked it for hanging small items as well. The in-room safe in the closet is not easily accessed on the S-class either, and that is something that I suspect all passengers utilize fully.

Yeah, I disagree with people. The Millenium class ships are OK....and the Solstice class ships are far better. However it ultimately comes down to Money and itinerary.

On Average you pay more for a cruise on Solstice Class then you would on the Millenium class. There are people who LOVE this and hop on board because Celebrity tries to standardize the experience on all ships and people can overlook an older ship. Also, the smaller ships are easier to fill for different itineraries....like northern Norway etc....not as many cabins.

If you loved Solstice class....Stick with it. We will no longer sail on the older ships. Also.....I don't know what it is but most times Celebrity has Norovirus outbreaks....They are on the Millenium class........

Safe travels!

We sailed Equinox in the Eastern Med (1st cruise) and loved her and the cruise. Tried a 4 day out of Miami on Connie six months later and were disappointed. Some of the disappointment was because the service was not up to par (many on CC agreed that the Connie went through a rough patch with service and other issues in December 2012).

The biggest disappointment for me was the bathroom. We were AQ on Equinox and the bathroom was beautifully appointed and spacious. Felt very upscale. Bathroom in Concierge Class on Connie was blah and not spacious.

We still did like the Connie and I would sail her again. But it would have to be an itinerary that is far superior to one on an S class.

JMO.

M class ships are very nice. S class ships are also nice.

M class ships have better storage in the cabins. Lots of good drawer space. Great closet arrangement on M class. S class has a closet that is hard to reach if the bed is near it.

S class has 3 drawers and that high cabin over the bed.

S class has a huge buffet area without trays. Lots of walking to get food.

M class has trays and several lines to get food.

M class indoor therapy pool has great motion. S class has a warm indoor pool.

S class is glitzy. M class is more sublime.

I like both classes of ships. After thinking about the variations, M class seems to have an edge. I would sail on either class of ship.

• 4 weeks later...

This has been interesting reading. We board Solstice tomorrow and fully intend to do an onboard booking. Leading right now is a 9 day Caribbean cruise on Connie. We've sailed Millennium and enjoyed her. Will be interesting to see how much a Solstice wows us. Connie would be in a C1

• 2 months later...
Looking at Eastern Med for 2015. Is Constellation as good as Equinox?

Thanks

Hey, Nick/Natalia - Beth and I are on Connie (constellation) Jan 2015. We have been on the Summit (her sister ship) before and really enjoyed it. As others have said each ship class has it's strong points. YOU won't know which YOU prefer until you try it yourself. :)