Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Happy Happy Day. Thanks to today's promo change we were able to reprice our Escape cruise to just port fees and taxes for 3rd passenger and retain our Spa balcony with Beverage Package promo. Saved us $699 :)

Check your pricing .. only takes a couple minutes.

That is awesome! Who doesn't love to save $$ especially on a brand new ship. Unfortunately the pricing for the maiden transatlantic crossing hasn't changed, and the Ultimate Bev Package isn't being offered either. :(

That is awesome! Who doesn't love to save $$ especially on a brand new ship. Unfortunately the pricing for the maiden transatlantic crossing hasn't changed, and the Ultimate Bev Package isn't being offered either. :(

Yep. Our balcony cabin on the TA is up $400 pp from the time we booked. We will buy UBP since not given as a free choice. We would lose money if we chose the others.

I thought the same thing. It seems identical (to my admittedly untrained eye).

I don't really see how the bridge is different - I think it is just different camera angles?

They are different. Here's another perspective. I tried to highlight the different shapes using the red outline.

Breakaway: Curve

Breakaway_bridge_outline_zpsd01c7629.jpg

Escape: Straight

escape_bridge_outline_zpsdae3a6c7.jpg

Happy Happy Day. Thanks to today's promo change we were able to reprice our Escape cruise to just port fees and taxes for 3rd passenger and retain our Spa balcony with Beverage Package promo. Saved us $699 :)

Check your pricing .. only takes a couple minutes.

Wow congrats!

Looking at the Dec 12 sailing and they don't have a Spa Balcony anymore :(

Currently booked on the Getaway December 13-20. Just upgraded from Spa Balcony to Spa Mini suite last Saturday....

Does anyone know how much will the Spa pass be on the Escape? Thinking of just getting a Spa pass and booking a BX.

Thanks!

Wow congrats!

Currently booked on the Getaway December 13-20. Just upgraded from Spa Balcony to Spa Mini suite last Saturday....

Does anyone know how much will the Spa pass be on the Escape? Thinking of just getting a Spa pass and booking a BX.

Thanks!

I think its 100 for the whole cruise

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Wow congrats!

Thanks!

Spa pass on the Getaway was $199 per week - doubt the Escape will be less but no way of knowing for sure.

Thanks motleyfan and kjquilts. :)

Just made the switch from Getaway to Escape! Just saved $500 too.

Since our Escape cruise is a balcony guarantee BX, we will just try to visit the spa ASAP to get a Spa pass!

Thanks everyone for this thread. Super excited! :D

Barnacle Boy, you must be an engineer! Very interesting, thanks. Do you think the Escape Bridge will protude as much? We are in a forward suite on deck 17...

Good news for you. The view from the DOS/OS should be far less obstructed than on Breakaway/Getaway. The bridge wings will be narrower and barely protrude from the superstructure front.

Breakaway_bridge_outline_zpsd01c7629.jpg

escape_bridge_outline2_zps9b95ae99.png

NCL has used the cockpit design (pioneered on Scandinavian ferries) since they were acquired by Star in 2000, so most of the space on the wings is superfluous anyway. Most of the controls are concentrated in the little protrusion in the middle of the bridge.

curve2_zps6ce0e126.jpg

Edited by barnacle_boy

Wow congrats!

Thanks!

Hey,

I spoke to ncl rep last week regarding the same thing. She gave me a price but its based on breakaway because spa prices for escape are not available yet. $200USD for a week pass and $45USD for daily pass. I booked a spa balcony it was cheaper then purchasing a regular balcony and the spa pass separate for myself and fiancé.

Hey,

I spoke to ncl rep last week regarding the same thing. She gave me a price but its based on breakaway because spa prices for escape are not available yet. $200USD for a week pass and $45USD for daily pass. I booked a spa balcony it was cheaper then purchasing a regular balcony and the spa pass separate for myself and fiancé.

Thanks!

Same thing for the Getaway. That's why we booked a spa balcony initially...

Too bad there's no more spa balcony for our sailing:(

Enjoy your cruise!

:)

Hey,

Wow prices like that make the spa suite a better and better deal

Very cool, thanks for posting. Anthem of the Seas will be floating out soon, hopefully leading to some better views of Escape.

About time!! ;)

An Escape bridge pic for Barnacle, I'm leaning towards indeed a new shaped bridge. edit; taken from AotS btw!

Edited by FreestyleNovice

What if they are not done with the ship on time?

I am sure there's a penalty for the shipyard if they don't deliver a ship on time, float out is just a part of the whole delivery of a ship after sea trials. Which should have some spare days or even weeks. ;)

The river conveyance of a ship over the river towards sea has been cancelled a few times due to mother nature for example.

I asked this question of NCL when I booked my 11/21 cruise this year, which is the second 7-day trip for the ship, I believe. I was told, "That is not an option!" So I said, "well, things happen, right? Couldn't the delivery date be missed, or does that not happen?" She said, "Trust me, with all of the money on the line for NCL, the shipyard, and others, there is no way that your cruise will be cancelled because the ship isn't ready."

I can't remember the last time Meyer Werft failed to deliver on time... Maybe someone can help me out with that ;)

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I asked this question of NCL when I booked my 11/21 cruise this year, which is the second 7-day trip for the ship, I believe. I was told, "That is not an option!" So I said, "well, things happen, right? Couldn't the delivery date be missed, or does that not happen?" She said, "Trust me, with all of the money on the line for NCL, the shipyard, and others, there is no way that your cruise will be cancelled because the ship isn't ready."

Awesome, thank you.

I can't remember the last time Meyer Werft failed to deliver on time... Maybe someone can help me out with that ;)

Bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Your wish is my command. Officially the last time Meyer Werft delivered a ship later than scheduled was Pride of Hawaii/ Norwegian Jade in 2006. That was due to problems with the main engines that occured during the sea trials.

Right now, there is no reason to fear that Anthem or Escape could be delivered later than scheduled.

An Escape bridge pic for Barnacle, I'm leaning towards indeed a new shaped bridge. edit; taken from AotS btw!

The bridge is different. The issue of visibility with curving stanchions had been discussed since Breakaway entered service. I heard about it being confirmed while onboard Getaway earlier this year.

Quantum of the Seas was quite a few weeks behind schedule at the time of delivery. The actual date of the handover was only pushed back several days, but the ship entered service with many of her crew areas and even some public spaces in an unfinished state. This isn't completely unheard of in the industry, but the extent to which further finishing work was required was far beyond anything I've seen in the past decade or so. They were still outfitting crew areas during my cruise on Quantum in late-December. It's led to a domino effect which is currently effecting Anthem. The float-out was originally scheduled for this past weekend, but it was quietly moved to later in the month.

Ultimately, handover dates will be minimally (if at all) affected as Meyer does not want to pay high penalties for late delivery and cruise lines don't want to cancel cruises (both for loss of revenue and bad publicity). There is no doubt that Anthem or Escape will enter service as scheduled. Still, there are repercussions for putting an uncompleted ship into service with the assumption that the rest can be simply built on-the-go. There is a slight possibility, given Meyer's increasingly tighter schedules and deadlines, that the delays with Quantum/Anthem will have some effect on Escape. However, at this point in the build, it's anyone's guess what that effect may be, or if passengers will be able to tell the difference.

Edited by barnacle_boy

As much as I'd love to read through 49 pages of posts, I really don't have time... so can someone tell me if there's a comprehensive list of which restaurants are included in your cruise fare and which are an additional charge?

On a related note, I'm a little confused by the Supper Club... will it be an upcharge dinner show, similar to Cirque and Illusionarium?

TIA!