Drink packages on RCI

Fnigro07

As I stated earlier that is the policy but everyone said I was wrong. :p

The packages wouldn't be practical for the company to make money on if they let people just pick and choose what days they used it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You really should check your info before you give it out. Only one person needs to purchase. On a seven night cruise you can purchase it up to the fourth day for a prorated charge.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=336&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=5805

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

I plan on just buying it for the last 4 (day 4-7)days of my cruise, it will save me $300 (between my hubby and I). We will just wait and do our heavy drinking till then! ;) my question is could I purchase it just after midnight (which would technically make it day 4) and use it to go out that night? It may be a question that I need to ask directly when I get on the boat but I thought I'd throw it out there, y'all are all such a wealth of knowledge! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I plan to get the soda package for sure for me and possibly my DH. However, once we board, if I wanted to upgrade to the premium package, would if get credited for the cost of the soda package or am I out that money? In which case, I may not want to get it, if the money would go to waste! How would I get reimbursed? Could the bar do it or would I have to talk to guest services?

From everything I've read, no it can't be canceled the last day. On the website it says that it must be purchased for at least 4 consecutive days and must finish out your cruise

From everything I've read, no it can't be canceled the last day. On the website it says that it must be purchased for at least 4 consecutive days and must finish out your cruise

Definitely cannot be cancelled under any normal circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does anyone know what coca cola drinks are on board and what the frozen cocktails are?

On allure and oasis they have those machines that mix all kinds sodas and flavors. Not sure about the smaller ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are a family 5, with three children who can't drink alcohol. Buying a drinks package of 3 soft drink & 2 alcohol would prove rather expensive. How well is the package policed? Would they know if you obtained a drink for someone without a package?

Thanks

We are a family 5, with three children who can't drink alcohol. Buying a drinks package of 3 soft drink & 2 alcohol would prove rather expensive. How well is the package policed? Would they know if you obtained a drink for someone without a package?

Thanks

Teaching your kids to steal if they can't afford something probably isn't a great idea.

It is upsetting to read that parents want to cheat. What are you this thinking?

So you would be happy to spend $60- a day on a few soft drinks and bottled water? They should have a family package to make it more enticing to purchase these things.

So basically what you are saying is you think it is reasonable to spend 3 x $20-, 1 x $40-, 1 x $55- = $155- a day on drinks......

Not about being able to afford something, but do you see value in spending $155- a day on drinks?

No that price is poor value. But it's their product and they can charge whatever they want. Doesn't mean I can steal it by taking more than I paid for. Just don't buy the packages if you think they are poor value.

So you would be happy to spend $60- a day on a few soft drinks and bottled water? They should have a family package to make it more enticing to purchase these things.

So basically what you are saying is you think it is reasonable to spend 3 x $20-, 1 x $40-, 1 x $55- = $155- a day on drinks......

Not at all - if the package doesn't make sense, buy as you go. You don't have to do the $20 Royal Replenish package, if you just want a fountain soda package it's $4.50/day for kids 17 & under, I believe - so you'd be looking at $13.50/day total for the kids, then if they want water you can buy as a one-off, or drink from the taps. Note that if you're sailing on a ship that has the Freestyle machines, Dasani water is available in the machines with the use of the cup, so they wouldn't get bottles of water, but they could still get Dasani water.

Edited by Jobeth66

Not at all - if the package doesn't make sense, buy as you go. You don't have to do the $20 Royal Replenish package, if you just want a fountain soda package it's $4.50/day for kids 17 & under, I believe - so you'd be looking at $13.50/day total for the kids, then if they want water you can buy as a one-off, or drink from the taps. Note that if you're sailing on a ship that has the Freestyle machines, Dasani water is available in the machines with the use of the cup, so they wouldn't get bottles of water, but they could still get Dasani water.

Thanks for the reply Jobeth66, that sounds more reasonable. Do you purchase the $4.50 package onboard as I can't locate it anywhere online?

Thanks for the reply Jobeth66, that sounds more reasonable. Do you purchase the $4.50 package onboard as I can't locate it anywhere online?

It's called the Royal Refreshment package - if you go on your PreCruise Planner it's an option under 'Non-Alcoholic Beverage Packages' - you should be able to add it to your reservation from there.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

We have 2 teenagers so we do not plan to drink alcohol much. We do not drink much soda at home or juice for that matter. Is it better to get the water package, bring our own mixers (ex. Crystal Light), and then buy soda or coffee, or alcohol a la carte?