Mahogany Bay or Bannana Coast Hondoras ??

footballbabe3

Banana Coast is a rather new port, so not very many cruisers have information about it. Some of the cruise lines are pulling out of Roatan, and I don't know the reason for that either.

http://www.bananacoast.com/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2014/02/11/banana-coast-cruise-port-caribbean/5388801/

Edited by swedish weave

I have never heard of Banana Coast. Where is this located? It's in Roatan?

Also I thought Mahogany bay was for Carnival. :confused:

Banana Coast is on the mainland at the town of Trujillo about 32 miles from the Island of Roatan. See links in my previous post.

Banana Coast is on the mainland at the town of Trujillo about 32 miles from the Island of Roatan. See links in my previous post.

Sorry, I must have been typing my post at the time you submitted that.

So then this isn't even in Roatan? :( That sucks. I love Roatan. But yet a "new" place to go always sounds appealing too.

I will be on the Jewel in October and will be in port on 10/15/14. According to Bananacoast.com we will be the first ship to port there! Talk about a NEW port! I will have to report back, as unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any reviews prior to that.

It appears a NCL Pearl staff member was recently shot and killed in Roatan

Sent from my Samsung Note

Yeah we found out at lunch Monday on the Dawn, that we were skipping Roatan last week.

Sucked as that was the only port I had anything planned in and I had found such great snorkeling maps for West Bay.

Typical knee jerk overreaction by a cruise line about a port.

But I'm sure more uniformed cruisers were happy by the move than experienced travelers inconvenienced.

Sad for the Pearl employee's family.

Yeah we found out at lunch Monday on the Dawn, that we were skipping Roatan last week.

Sucked as that was the only port I had anything planned in and I had found such great snorkeling maps for West Bay.

Typical knee jerk overreaction by a cruise line about a port.

But I'm sure more uniformed cruisers were happy by the move than experienced travelers inconvenienced.

Sad for the Pearl employee's family.

"Knee jerk overreaction" What a senseless comment !!!!

Murder is serious, and NCL's action forced the Roatan authorities to get off their butts and do something about the rampant crime.

I will be on the Jewel in October and will be in port on 10/15/14. According to Bananacoast.com we will be the first ship to port there! Talk about a NEW port! I will have to report back, as unfortunately it doesn't look like there will be any reviews prior to that.

The first ship arrived there a couple of months ago (a 130-passenger charter). The Jewel will, however, be the first *large* ship to port there. (And it does not look like there will be any more ships there between now and October.)

I hope they finish building out the pier before our stop there on 11/5. Otherwise we'll be tendering. (I don't mind tendering THAT much, but a pier is certainly more convenient.)

At this point I'm making sure there's a tour that can accomodate our 4yo.