newbie question

i asked on the newbie board but was redirected here...

do the ships provide umbrellas? i'm not sure if we'll have rain or not (mediterranean in may) and didn't know if i should pack my own.

we are on liberty if that helps.

thanks,

carrie

do the ships provide umbrellas? i'm not sure if we'll have rain or not (mediterranean in may) and didn't know if i should pack my own.

thanks,

carrie

No, bring your own.

They have umbrella's on Oasis and Allure if you happen to be walking through Central Park when it is raining but they are to be used only on the ship.

If you need an umbrella for port days you are on your own.

I have not seen any Royal ships provide umbrellas. They do SELL umbrellas in the Logo Shops. Better pack your own just to be safe! :D

Celebrity however does provide you with one in your room!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They had a few to go back and forth in Central Park area...

Back and forth and into the specialty restaurants. If its raining as you go to one of the restaurants, including the Park Cafe is my memory is correct is a box so you don't have to carry the umbrella into the restaurants.

Back and forth and into the specialty restaurants. If its raining as you go to one of the restaurants, including the Park Cafe is my memory is correct is a box so you don't have to carry the umbrella into the restaurants.

Yuppers...:D

We travel with the small, collapsible Totes umbrellas that will fit in your back pocket or purse. Lightweight and small when folded (normal size when opened) so their not a hardship to take along if the weather looks iffy. :)

We travel with the small, collapsible Totes umbrellas that will fit in your back pocket or purse. Lightweight and small when folded (normal size when opened) so their not a hardship to take along if the weather looks iffy. :)
They also tend to keep the rain away as it only rains when I don't bring one!:eek:

Celebrity however does provide you with one in your room!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As everyone else has already said, OP, bring your own.

Regarding Celebrity: it was a really nice touch. I wish RC would do the same, but I think they would "lose" them very quickly and would have difficulty stocking them even with charging people for "lost" umbrellas. We had a kind of amusing rainy day in Venice on X, everyone from the Celebrity ship had matching umbrellas, and everyone from the Carnival ship had matching ponchos ("Soak Up The Fun -- Not the Rain"). lol

Edited by Dave85

thanks,

carrie

you will have to bring your own.