Obstructed View Balconies

ksg

We have 6184 and 6186 booked for ours. At first I had a balcony view room for the 4 of us on deck seven. I called them to see if it had a pull out or bunks as we have one boy and one girl. I was looking for bunks but all the rooms were gone.

So the rep told me about these joining rooms. While I'm getting upset with the lack of view. I will say that having the extra room with two showers and toilets will save us so much time and stress - all for $42 difference.

Thank you, Lloyd. The video does look better than some of the pictures, it is those davits directly in front of those balconies that are really disappointing.

The obstruction percentages should have been listed from the moment bookings were made available. Additionally, those cabins with the davits basically covering the full view probably should have been listed under a separate category....one below a "DO" for less money.

I find it surprising that to see the % obstructions you need to go to the RCI UK site as the US site does not list them.

I found that with our cabin it was cheaper for the DO than it was for an inside or an outside and the DO cabin is larger than both those. Any views we get are a bonus.

Hi

View available obstructed balconies to book then there is an option to the right to 'view this stateroom' or something similar which shows its position on the deck plan.

When this window opens its says something like 'stateroom features' and the percentage of obstruction is the second item down from memory.

Its like that on the UK version of the site anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree. Definitely worth a shot.

Thanks guys but there are no more DO grades available on my cruise. Having had obstructed before I didn't think it would be anywhere near as bad as they are!

But hey any view is better than being at work :)

I will keep checking availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks guys but there are no more DO grades available on my cruise. Having had obstructed before I didn't think it would be anywhere near as bad as they are!

But hey any view is better than being at work :)

I will keep checking availability.

Good attitude. Yes, keep checking. Something could open up.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thanks .. my thinking was slightly out. We are a little further down with 6608 and 6610 .. so the other side to you. I'm driving myself slightly mad by looking now so will just wait as I'm sure people will start posting pics soon.

I thought we might have the middle two cabins as the cabins either side of us have 75% reduction but we were told when booking that ours were 50%.

Thanks again

Oh thanks .. my thinking was slightly out. We are a little further down with 6608 and 6610 .. so the other side to you. I'm driving myself slightly mad by looking now so will just wait as I'm sure people will start posting pics soon.

I thought we might have the middle two cabins as the cabins either side of us have 75% reduction but we were told when booking that ours were 50%.

Thanks again

Both your cabins are 50% obstructed view. 6612 is 75% obstructed and 6606 is 50% obstructed.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112777

Hope this helps.

50% obs

6620, 6272, 6224, 6206,6192,6190,6182,8112,7514,7114,7112,6706,6702,6692,6690,6304,6300,6292,6690,6304,6292,6690,6304,6292,6290,6282,6280,6666,6600,6576,6564,6210,6166,6694,6688,6288,

75% obs

We are looking for the 3 nt on anthem next october. These are a lot cheaper then having an interior or ocean view. We had a balcony on independence this week and had fantastic weather. We had an interior last year right in the middle of hurricane type weather so didn't even venture outside on deck

Thank you for this. We are booked onto the 3 night cruise in October on Anthem. We have never cruised before and I have booked it as a surprise for my aunts 60th birthday so hoping it will be fantastic.

Our cabin was the same price as an indoor so we chose to have the obstructed balcony which I hope we don't regret but on a 3 day cruise I'm not too worried.

Wonder what % obstruction they list that as? That seems pretty obstructed to me. I'm glad I went with an ocean view balcony. Others may not care though, as it's still nice to be able to sit outside.

Guessing which way you look, straight out above the boat not obstructed, from the bed 50%, from the balcony looking down... pretty stuffed, but at least you can get fresh air in the room and at least with the boat in the way no one can see my jocks drying....:D

Wonder what % obstruction they list that as? That seems pretty obstructed to me. I'm glad I went with an ocean view balcony. Others may not care though, as it's still nice to be able to sit outside.

That's the view from the 50% obstructed view cabins. The 75% obstructed view cabins have the lifeboat davits in front of the balconies.

Wondering how a vertical piece of steel is classed as a 75% blockage, yet a lifeboat, which is massive compared the the Davit, is only 50%😳. On the other hand if friends decide to stay overnight the spare room is alongside the balcony:D

Below is a photo from a CC member of a DO category. The photo was taken while sitting on the bed. Thought I would post it here for information in case some don't see it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=330067&d=1415044950

I really wanna see this pic! The link takes me to an old thread from 2006??

Wondering how a vertical piece of steel is classed as a 75% blockage, yet a lifeboat, which is massive compared the the Davit, is only 50%😳. On the other hand if friends decide to stay overnight the spare room is alongside the balcony:D

Because not only do you have the piece of steel, which is quite wide and goes to the top of your balcony you also have the lifeboat blocking the lower view as well. The davit could block your entire view in one direction.

I really wanna see this pic! The link takes me to an old thread from 2006??

Not sure why.:confused:

Try the "live" maiden voyage thread on the Royal boards right now from member jv_nyc. I believe its posted somewhere on page 25-30.

Interestingly, we are booked in a do on the quantum. By the deck plan it appears that we have a Davit right outside our balcony but ours is listed as 50%. I am very curious about how that is gonna look.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have cabin 6290 on the Quantum, which is listed as 50% on the Anthem. I don't know if it is the same on the Q. It has a larger balcony because it is on the side of the hump. I would love to see a photo of this balcony.

I have room 6290 also. I am sailing Dec 1. If you are sailing after me, I will post a pic.