Anthem of the seas pricing.....

I have already booked two cruises on the Anthem of the seas so this isn't a moan mearly an observation.

A two week cruise in a D1 cabin is £6,000/$10,000 (based on 3 people in a room)

A JS is £9,000/$15,000 approx (based on 3 people in a room).

I normally say that £1,400 each, so £4,200 (based on 3 people sharing) is a good price for a two week cruise in a balcony room.

Maybe I am getting old and missing the point but why is the Anthem so much more?

On a side note I am looking forward to 'Dynamic dining' :cool:

They always seem to charge quite a hefty premium for a new ship and this only seems to drop when the ship starts to get older or when another new ship is launched.

Also, it does seem to depend on when you book it. The demand for a new ship tends to be quite high, so if you leave it for a while after the bookings open, you will find the prices higher than if you had booked the day they came out.

New ships can command a 'premium' fare, for a while.

No disrespect, but The fact that you have booked two cruises and paid over the odds is proof positive that the strategy works.;)

Ha I always like to cruise on new ships. Answered my own question really lol :cool:

They always seem to charge quite a hefty premium for a new ship and this only seems to drop when the ship starts to get older or when another new ship is launched.

Also, it does seem to depend on when you book it. The demand for a new ship tends to be quite high, so if you leave it for a while after the bookings open, you will find the prices higher than if you had booked the day they came out.

Definitely high for the first few years or until a newer ship comes along.

I was able to book the Allure for Christmas 2015 when it first can out a few weeks ago at over $4000 less than what they are charging for the same cruise at Christmas 2014. Oasis for March break 2016 was also cheaper than it has been in the past.

Looks like we will avoid quantum and anthem for a bit and take advantage of some lower prices on Allure and Oasis.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I think they price it higher for the European market too. I noticed the allure seems more expensive in the med than in carribean. Now that could also be due to port taxes & other factors.

I was looking at the 3-4day cruise on anthem but not if it's going to be £600 each.

I have already booked two cruises on the Anthem of the seas so this isn't a moan mearly an observation.

A two week cruise in a D1 cabin is £6,000/$10,000 (based on 3 people in a room)

A JS is £9,000/$15,000 approx (based on 3 people in a room).

I normally say that £1,400 each, so £4,200 (based on 3 people sharing) is a good price for a two week cruise in a balcony room.

Maybe I am getting old and missing the point but why is the Anthem so much more?

On a side note I am looking forward to 'Dynamic dining' :cool:

As comparison, we're paying $1,823 per on a D7, 11 niter cruise on the Quantum for Feb 2, before the D balcony discount. Yes, it is a bit higher than the average. However, in our case, the net cost is almost the same a 7 niter from either San Juan or Florida, when one considers:

- No airfare, insurance, or transportation associated to get to the pier

- Higher D balcony discount

- Higher OBC

- Goodies from our TA

Hopefully the weather won't be so bad. In any case, we'll still get approximately 6 days of warmth and visit more ports than the Oasis/Allure eastern itinerary. Looking forward.

Edited by nelblu
spelling

I think they price it higher for the European market too. I noticed the allure seems more expensive in the med than in carribean. Now that could also be due to port taxes & other factors.

There are so many big/newish ships in the Caribbean, the competition is fierce.