3rd person bed Boardwalk 12729?

We are in Boardwalk 12729 for our Allure cruise. DS just stated this morning that he does NOT want to sleep in a bed over the main bed as he did on FOS! Apparently, it is not big enough :rolleyes: I thought the bed was cool but he is getting taller - like 5'10" now :eek:

Is this the same set up on Allure? He was not on the Oasis w/us so I have no idea what a 3rd bed is like on those ships? I'm wondering if his option is the sofa?

There is no bed over the main bed. The couch folds out to a single and there is also a single that drops from the ceiling over the couch. This is on the balcony side of the cabin. At 5'10" he may be a bit cramped.

Thanks for the response! Much appreciated!

He was only hoping he would have another option on this ship. He's not ungrateful or spoiled. If anything, he is the most excited kid I have ever seen to go on cruises. He would not care if he was on the bottom deck in the smallest cabin - he's already said that. But thanks for not judging him (said sarcastically).

He was only hoping he would have another option on this ship. He's not ungrateful or spoiled. If anything, he is the most excited kid I have ever seen to go on cruises. He would not care if he was on the bottom deck in the smallest cabin - he's already said that. But thanks for not judging him (said sarcastically).

You did kind of open it up when you used caps and stated he did not want to sleep in a mini bed!!!!! The couch isn't any bigger.

My son, who is 6', slept in pullman on Allure and said it was fine. Actually I have heard that pullmans are more comfortable than the sofa beds. Our cabin had the pullman and single sofa bed. He preferred the pullman.

• 3 weeks later...

I can understand his dislike for the pullman, it is kind of strange dangling over someone else! When I slept on the one with my parents last year, I felt that the slightest thing would cause the bed to fall off the wall. I don't blame him for not wanting it. And I, like him, would go on a cruise even if they made me sleep in the closet! LOL I don't think he sounds spoiled or anything either.:D just an opinion

I was of the understanding these aft boardwalk balcony rooms were for 2 passengers occupancy only. Is there an age limit to a 3rd person? I'm booked with my wife in 12727 and my sister with her 2 boys were forced to book a cabin with double beds located further in the boardwalk (carousel area).

I was of the understanding these aft boardwalk balcony rooms were for 2 passengers occupancy only. Is there an age limit to a 3rd person? I'm booked with my wife in 12727 and my sister with her 2 boys were forced to book a cabin with double beds located further in the boardwalk (carousel area).

There are a few that sleep more than 2. 12729 is one of them. Look at the symbols on the deckplan. :)

PS: no age limit for extra passenger.

Edited by APDMOM
PS

Here is a sample of the deckplan. The staterooms with diamonds and triangles sleep more than 2:

15d07b4594e42331f120a6aedb6513aa_zpsa54fb192.jpg

On the Allure we had cabin 10327. It had the sofa that pulled out into a bed and it was very uncomfortable. Thankfully my DD was only 8 so it wasn't too bad for her. One night she wanted me to sleep with her on it but I could only last 30 minutes. One half of the sofa/bed was the back of the sofa. It had very little padding on it maybe 2 or 3 inches. Also when it was opened up it made the room feel very small. You had to scoot sideways to get out the balcony door. Every morning we put the sofa back together so we could eat on the balcony.

There are a few that sleep more than 2. 12729 is one of them. Look at the symbols on the deckplan. :)

PS: no age limit for extra passenger.

Ah yes, that's right. That might work out perfectly for us. I'll have my sister keep checking availability for that room. (Fingers crossed). Would be great to be side by side and open up the balconies. Thanks for that.

We have done these types of rooms with 4 people three times so far on the Allure and Oasis and are booked again on Allure for Halloween. My advice is to have the person with the biggest bladder sleep in the pullman. It's tricky getting in and out of the pullman via the ladder, especially in pitch black. Both beds are comfortable enough (especially if it's not them paying for the room), but the pullman is a normal twin bed while the couch is more like a futon.

• 2 weeks later...
On the Allure we had cabin 10327. It had the sofa that pulled out into a bed and it was very uncomfortable. Thankfully my DD was only 8 so it wasn't too bad for her. One night she wanted me to sleep with her on it but I could only last 30 minutes. One half of the sofa/bed was the back of the sofa. It had very little padding on it maybe 2 or 3 inches. Also when it was opened up it made the room feel very small. You had to scoot sideways to get out the balcony door. Every morning we put the sofa back together so we could eat on the balcony.

Olszie....if you happen to read this thread again.....how did you find 10327? I am contemplating that cabin or 10729 for our family of 3.

Our main reason for going on Allure is purely the wow factor of the ship ship. I imagine there may be a bit of noise and bright lights at night in this location, but I'm not too concerned about that - we are always up late. I think being able to view the diving show, people below on the Boardwalk and the Ocean beyond seems like a good trade off. We normally take ocean view balcony cabins, but that's something that every ship has - only Oasis class has an internal balcony as far as I know.

Thanks

Ando

Ando.... We did watch both diving shows from the balcony. We could see them fine. We enjoyed eating breakfast on the balcony and watching as we pulled into port. Some of the movies on the big screen were hard to hear. The balcony did get hot. There was very little air movement.

The room itself was small. It was the smallest room we have ever had on a ship especially when the sofa bed was open. We did a lot of walking everyday. It seemed like all I did was walk. I am not sure how old your 3rd person is but mine DD is 8 and we were running to the front of the ship for the kids club 3 times a day. The one good thing is with all that walking I lost 2 pounds.:D

Even though you could see a small amount of ocean I did miss "seeing" the ocean. We spent more time up on deck because I like to look around and enjoy the breeze. This was not possible on our balcony.

IMG_5219a.jpg.82c07e415389c45e80635f1a74d5a549.jpg

I just wanted to thank APDMOM for pointing out to me that cabin 12729 accommodates 3 people.

Because of this I was able to tell my sister who then had her TA put her on a waiting list for that room in case it became available. She had booked room 12709 mid boardwalk a few doors away from my room....Well today she got the call that the room opened up so she was immediately transferred. We now get to sail side by side with a shared balcony making this cruise even more awesome!

Don't know what the chances would be of that ever happening again. Waiting for November:cool:

:D Go, mom!

I just wanted to thank APDMOM for pointing out to me that cabin 12729 accommodates 3 people.

Because of this I was able to tell my sister who then had her TA put her on a waiting list for that room in case it became available. She had booked room 12709 mid boardwalk a few doors away from my room....Well today she got the call that the room opened up so she was immediately transferred. We now get to sail side by side with a shared balcony making this cruise even more awesome!

Don't know what the chances would be of that ever happening again. Waiting for November:cool:

That is awesome!! I love it when a plan works out :) You have a great TA that was on top of that too.

Now, do you know about the "secret public balcony" just outside the door?

Look at the third picture in this post. The area to the right (aft) of 12729 is public, but not well known. So it is apparently a nice quiet spot that you can (almost) call your own extended balcony :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38410161&postcount=19

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37016332&postcount=328

Edited by APDMOM
add another link

I remember when we were on the Oasis and we saw the "secret balconies", we thought they were suites and we were so envious of those cruisers and what awesome balconies they had :eek:! Little did we know they were public and we would be enjoying those this August ;)! LOL We booked last minute and had did very little research for that cruise.