Will Carnival still be going to Hawaii after January 2015?

eyesofbrown

We are looking to book a cruise to Hawaii in 2015. I talked to a Carnival vacation planner today and he said it looked like they were not going to go there anymore. However, I checked the website, and the Carnival Miracle, which is the ship that goes to Hawaii, has nothing planned past April, 2015.

Does anyone know any information on this? Any information would be helpful. TIA.

We are looking to book a cruise to Hawaii in 2015. I talked to a Carnival vacation planner today and he said it looked like they were not going to go there anymore. However, I checked the website, and the Carnival Miracle, which is the ship that goes to Hawaii, has nothing planned past April, 2015.

Does anyone know any information on this? Any information would be helpful. TIA.

Many of the Carnival ships do not have any sailings past April 2015. They tend to release them in dribs and drabs. Who knows if they will sail there after that. There have been many rumors on the Legend coming back from Australia (at least off season). That would be a perfect fit (ship wise and locale) for Hawaii sailings. We shall see.

Miracle goes to Alaska from May - September 2014. Probably will again in 2015. Then maybe (???) it will resume trips to Hawaii?

Thanks for the quick replies. :) I am trying to figure out if I should book the January 2015 one or not. I might anyway, but the repositioning cruise with the extra day in Maui that usually occurs in April would be wonderful.

Many of the Carnival ships do not have any sailings past April 2015. They tend to release them in dribs and drabs. Who knows if they will sail there after that. There have been many rumors on the Legend coming back from Australia (at least off season). That would be a perfect fit (ship wise and locale) for Hawaii sailings. We shall see.

The itineraries were supposed to come out in mid-to-late March 2014, according to the brand ambassador. The same situation happened and some were posted as late as June 2013.

Edited by Disconnections

• 4 weeks later...

I too am looking at April 2015. I went to the Hilo (Hawaii) port cruise dates and they have the Mirical porting in mid April 2015. Also other ports have them in Hawaii that month. So keep an eye out I think they will post soon.

I am trying to figure out if I should book the January 2015 one or not. I might anyway, but the repositioning cruise with the extra day in Maui that usually occurs in April would be wonderful.

It was... :D

Bob

It could be that they are waiting to see what happens.

At the moment the Miracle is limping along and they don't plan on fixing her until 2015

With her normally scheduled dry dock.

To me not the wisest move on their part, but no one called and asked me LOL

Time will tell if they made the right decision...

Carnival has NEVER sailed Hawaii past April through Sept. This is ONLY a Sept through April itinerary. Frankly, NCL is FAR superior with their itinerary and the only option April /Sept.

Royal released their Hawaii itins today, but the prices seem expensive. Even more than Celebrity!!

Hopefully Carnival won't be too far behind and will release soon too! We want to book the Sept 2015 Vancouver to Hawaii to LA repo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums