Getting to the port of Galveston

CruiserTeri

I am sorry if I am not posting in the right spot. I looked for other threads about this but the two I found were from 2006 and 2007 and most links do not work. What is the cheapest (but reliable) way to get from Houston International Airport to the Port of Galveston if you come in the day before the cruise?

Also does anyone know of a good hotel that will pick you up from the cruise ports in Galveston (Royal Caribbean) and take you to the hotel one day then take you to the Airport the next day?

Thanks for any info.

I am sorry if I am not posting in the right spot. I looked for other threads about this but the two I found were from 2006 and 2007 and most links do not work. What is the cheapest (but reliable) way to get from Houston International Airport to the Port of Galveston if you come in the day before the cruise?

Also does anyone know of a good hotel that will pick you up from the cruise ports in Galveston (Royal Caribbean) and take you to the hotel one day then take you to the Airport the next day?

Thanks for any info.

Probably the cheapest way would be to stay at a hotel close to the airport then return to the airport on embarkation day and take the RCI shuttle to the pier. The hotels are likely to be cheaper than those in Galveston.

I don't know of any hotels in Galveston that have shuttles to either of the Houston airports. Many of them have shuttles from the hotel to the pier, but a taxi is only $20, tip included.

The port is a good hour away from IAH

You might rent a car & part at the hotel in Galveston for your cruise

As others have suggested you could stay near the airport & book the cruise line shuttle

Taxis will be pricey

For some reason there were no flights from where I live into Hobby. I checked. I would have had to change planes twice which I did not want to do. I had no idea transportation from Houston to the ports would be so expensive or I would have flown into San Antonio and driven down with my family.

Flights to Hobby would be mostly Southwest and I believe you need to check their site as search engines don't include them (if SW serves your area). Otherwise, I think the best suggestion would be to stay at a hotel near the airport and take the cruise line shuttle the next day. Also, although the cruise line may offer a shuttle from Bush Int'l., be sure to see if they have a shuttle from Hobby because if they don't Bush may be better for you even though it is farther to the port.

Edited by jamessemaj

I can not change my flight so I have to fly to Houston International. I think I am going to have to take super shuttle although it will make me be at the airport for about 3 hrs. It is going to be the cheapest way to get to Galveston. I have a place to stay there Saturday night, it is just getting there that is going to be the challenge.

Super Shuttle is great. I didn't know they served Houston to Galveston, but if they are available, I always go with them. It looks like you have it covered although the 3 hr. wait will not be fun. Hope you have a great cruise.

I found Island Breeze shuttle, they are a little cheaper and seem much more reliable then any of the other places. They only go from IAH to Galveston. To the cruise ports or Galveston Hotels. I got a hotel booked and transportation booked. TY for your help.

I found Island Breeze shuttle, they are a little cheaper and seem much more reliable then any of the other places. They only go from IAH to Galveston. To the cruise ports or Galveston Hotels. I got a hotel booked and transportation booked. TY for your help.

Have a great cruise and have some fun in Galveston. It is my homeport and we usually go down several days early just to hang out.

Don't miss having some Shrimp Kisses.